Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cheryl Burke Opens Up About Child Molestation!



Cheryl Burke who is a professional dancer on 'Dancing With The Stars' opened about the molestation she encountered as a child.  She tells in her book about being assaulted at the age of 5 by a retired mailman in her neighborhood in San Francisco, CA.

The abuse went on for quite a while as it was not discovered that Cheryl was being molested until this individual was accused by others about preying on other children.  Cheryl was very young and couldn't understand why he was in trouble.

Cheryl states, "I felt guilty for wanting his love and affection.  Testifying was the hardest thing I've ever done.  I saw his face and lawyers were asking me these questions and I was like, 'What am I doing? Did he do anything wrong.'

After the trial he was convicted and imprisoned and Cheryl came to terms with the fact that what this man was doing was wrong as she was just a child.

Cheryl also stated, "I'm telling my story. They're not secrets.  There's no shame...If I can help just one person, for me that's all that matters."

I commend Cheryl for coming out with her story as I'm sure it will help many.

Stay Fab!

No comments:

Post a Comment