Monday, May 2, 2011

funny quotes on men

funny quotes on men





funny quotes on men funny quotes on men funny quotes on men



funny quotes on men funny quotes on men funny quotes on men







No one is a firmer believer in the power of prayer than the devil; not that he practices it, but he suffers from it. ~Guy H. King



Bon mot: a witticism, a clever or witty turn of phrase; a bon mot is a particularly well-turned phrase, distinguished more by wittiness than by profundity. Example: "Hard work is simply the refuge of people who have nothing whatever to do." ~Oscar Wilde



The older you get the stronger the wind gets - and it's always in your face. ~Jack Nicklaus



Retirement has been a discovery of beauty for me. I never had the time before to notice the beauty of my grandkids, my wife, the tree outside my very own front door. And, the beauty of time itself. ~Hartman Jule



We are all primary numbers divisible only by ourselves. ~Jean Guitton



The amount of sleep required by the average person is five minutes more. ~Wilson Mizener



A retired husband is often a wife's full-time job. ~Ella Harris



We find our energies are actually cramped when we are overanxious to succeed. ~Michel de Montaigne We find our energies are actually cramped when we are overanxious to succeed. ~Michel de Montaigne



Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. ~Will Rogers



Black Power is a nihilistic philosophy born out of the conviction that the Negro can't win... the view that American society is so hopelessly corrupt and enmeshed in evil that there is no possibility of salvation from within. ~Martin Luther King, Jr., Where Do We Go from Here: Chaos or Community?, 1967



There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self. ~Aldous Huxley, Time Must Have a Stop



The purpose of learning is growth, and our minds, unlike our bodies, can continue growing as we continue to live. ~Mortimer Adler



I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness. ~Emily Dickinson



If Painting be Poetry's sister, she can only be a sister Anne, who will see nothing but a flock of sheep, while the other bodies forth a troop of dragoons with drawn sabres and white-plumed helmets. ~Augustus William Hare and Julius Charles Hare, Guesses at Truth, by Two Brothers, 1827



Nature always strikes back. It takes all the running we can do to remain in the same place. ~Rene Dubos, Medical Utopias, 1961



The informality of family life is a blessed condition that allows us to become our best while looking our worst. ~Marge Kennedy



We live and die; Christ died and lived! ~John Stott



My sons think it's a fireman's pole, but I forgot to cut a hole through the ground into the kitchen. ~Pamela Anderson



A grandma's name is little less in love than is the doting title of a mother. ~William Shakespeare



What I was really hanging around for, I was trying to feel some kind of a good-by. I mean I've left schools and places I didn't even know I was leaving them. I hate that. I don't care if it's a sad good-by or a bad good-by, but when I leave a place I like to know I'm leaving it. If you don't, you feel even worse. ~J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye, Chapter 1

No comments:

Post a Comment