Monday, May 2, 2011

funny thank you quotes

funny thank you quotes





funny thank you quotes funny thank you quotes funny thank you quotes



funny thank you quotes funny thank you quotes funny thank you quotes







Studies by Medical Corps psychiatrists of combat fatigue cases... found that fear of killing, rather than fear of being killed, was the most common cause of battle failure, and that fear of failure ran a strong second. ~S.L.A. Marshall



As a gardener, I'm among those who believe that much of the evidence of God's existence has been planted. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com



I felt that one had better die fighting against injustice than to die like a dog or rat in a trap. I had already determined to sell my life as dearly as possible if attacked. I felt if I could take one lyncher with me, this would even up the score a little bit. ~Ida B. Wells



People are made of flesh and blood and a miracle fibre called courage. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960



The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing when it is no longer doubtful, is the cause of half their errors. ~John Stuart Mill



When you hear someone shout "You da man," if he ain't shouting at Arnold Palmer, then it ain't da man. ~Ron Green, Charlotte Observer



Excerpt: a passage (as from a book or musical composition) selected, performed, or copied.



Be it human or animal, touch is a life-giving thing. Has anyone ever had a stroke or a heart attack while cozied up with a pet? I doubt it. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com



We understand death for the first time when he puts his hand upon one whom we love. ~Madame de Stael



I would rather trust a woman's instinct than a man's reason. ~Stanley Baldwin I would rather trust a woman's instinct than a man's reason. ~Stanley Baldwin



Give a woman a job and she grows balls. ~Jack Gelber



This nice and subtle happiness of reading, this joy not chilled by age, this polite and unpunished vice, this selfish, serene life-long intoxication. ~Logan Pearsall Smith



Thrift means that you should always have the best you can possibly afford, when the thing has any reference to your physical and mental health, to your growth in efficiency and power. ~Orison Swett Marden



Women have had the power of naming stolen from us. ~Mary Daly



Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without. ~Confucius, Analects



I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. ~Francis Bellamy, The Youth's Companion, 8 September 1892



I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. ~Ecclesiastes 9:11



Many men are like unto sausages: Whatever you stuff them with, that they will bear in them. ~Alexi Konstantinovich Tolstoy



Love is the poetry of the senses. ~Honore de Balzac



People are made of flesh and blood and a miracle fibre called courage. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

No comments:

Post a Comment