love yourself quotes
A good book on your shelf is a friend that turns its back on you and remains a friend. ~Author Unknown
I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth, and I am a citizen of the world. ~Eugene V. Debs
For the man sound in body and serene of mind there is no such thing as bad weather; every day has its beauty, and storms which whip the blood do but make it pulse more vigorously. ~George Gissing, "Winter," The Private Papers of Henry Ryecroft, 1903
Giving your son a skill is better than giving him one thousand pieces of gold. ~Chinese Proverb
The question is this: Is man an ape or an angel? I am on the side of the angels. ~Benjamin Disraeli
Retirement means no pressure, no stress, no heartache... unless you play golf. ~Gene Perret
I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me. ~Fred Allen
I don't think it's possible to skip with a frown on your face.... I'd like to see the world's governing and terrorist leaders on a skipping tour through the Middle East and across the subcontinent and China to Korea. ~Sue Irwin, as posted on iskip.com
It starts when you sink in his arms and ends with your arms in his sink. ~Author Unknown
I have found no greater satisfaction than achieving success through honest dealing and strict adherence to the view that, for you to gain, those you deal with should gain as well. ~Alan Greenspan
Words want to be free! ~Author Unknown
We borrowed golf from Scotland as we borrowed whiskey. Not because it is Scottish, but because it is good. ~Horace Hutchinson
I am old enough to see how little I have done in so much time, and how much I have to do in so little. ~Sheila Kaye-Smith
Men err when they think they can be inhuman exploiters in their business life, and loving husbands and fathers at home. ~Smiley Blanton
Beauty is the promise of happiness. ~Stendhal
No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens. ~Abraham Lincoln
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning. ~Author Unknown
A wonderful discovery, psychoanalysis. Makes quite simple people feel they're complex. ~S.N. Behrman
There is nothing in which the birds differ more from man than the way in which they can build and yet leave a landscape as it was before. ~Robert Lynd, The Blue Lion and Other Essays
Hope itself is a species of happiness, and, perhaps, the chief happiness which this world affords; but, like all other pleasures immoderately enjoyed, the excesses of hope must be expiated by pain. ~Samuel Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment