poems for teachers appreciation
If a householder moulds himself according to the circumstances just like nature moulds Herself according to seasons and performs his Karma then only shall he acquire happiness. ~Rig Veda
Moral: a peerless maxim enumerated by God in his Holy Bible, such as that of Deut. 23:1, if your testicles are crushed or your male member missing, you must never enter a sanctuary of the Lord. ~Donald Morgan
I am for an art that is political-erotical-mystical, that does something other than sit on its ass in a museum. ~Claes Oldenburg
Having babies is fun, but babies grow up into people. ~Colonel Potter, "The Price of Tomato Juice," original airdate 16 December 1975, written by Larry Gelbart and Gene Reynolds, directed by Gene Reynolds
Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose. ~From the television show The Wonder Years
Love thy neighbor, and if it requires that you bend your understanding of the truth, the Truth will understand. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com
The funny thing about Thanksgiving, or any huge meal, is that you spend 12 hours shopping for it and then chopping and cooking and braising and blanching. Then it takes 20 minutes to eat it and everybody sort of sits around in a food coma, and then it takes four hours to clean it up. ~Ted Allen
What the country needs are a few labor-making inventions. ~Arnold Glasow
If you've got a poem within you today, I can guarantee you a tomorrow. ~Terri Guillemets
Hope is necessary in every condition. The miseries of poverty, sickness, of captivity, would, without this comfort, be insupportable. ~Samuel Johnson
When I have a kid, I want to put him in one of those strollers for twins, then run around the mall looking frantic. ~Steven Wright
The ideas I stand for are not mine. I borrowed them from Socrates. I swiped them from Chesterfield. I stole them from Jesus. And I put them in a book. If you don't like their rules, whose would you use? ~Dale Carnegie
There is something self-defeating in the too-conscious pursuit of pleasure. ~Max Eastman
Trust your hunches. They're usually based on facts filed away just below the conscious level. ~Joyce Brothers
Even if gas prices fall, consumers will continue to be gouged at the pump. The only thing that we can be sure rises faster that the price of gasoline is the skyrocketing profits of oil companies. ~R. Owens
I loathed the game, and since I could see no pleasure or usefulness in it, it was very difficult for me to show courage at it. Football, it seemed to me, is not really played for the pleasure of kicking a ball about, but is a species of fighting. ~George Orwell, Such, Such Were the Joys
The task of asking nonliving matter to speak and the responsibility for interpreting its reply is that of physics. ~J.T. Fraser, Time, the Familiar Stronger, 1987
Confidence and hope do more good than physic. ~Galen
I came out for exercise, gentle exercise, and to notice the scenery and to botanise. And no sooner do I get on that accursed machine than off I go hammer and tongs; I never look to right or left, never notice a flower, never see a view - get hot, juicy, red - like a grilled chop. Get me on that machine and I have to go. I go scorching along the road, and cursing aloud at myself for doing it. ~H.G. Wells, The Wheels of Chance
Envy is ignorance. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
No comments:
Post a Comment