quotes about giving up on someone
What are Raphael's Madonnas but the shadow of a mother's love, fixed in permanent outline forever? ~Thomas Wentworth Higginson
It is easy to be brave from a safe distance. ~Aesop
To speak and to speak well are two things. A fool may talk, but a wise man speaks. ~Ben Jonson
Prayer had always struck me as more or less a glorified attempt at a business transaction. ~Barbara Kingsolver, Animal Dreams
One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time. ~Lady Astor
I'd rather sit down and write a letter than call someone up. I hate the telephone. ~Henry Miller
I love quotations because it is a joy to find thoughts one might have, beautifully expressed with much authority by someone recognized wiser than oneself. ~Marlene Dietrich
Have you ever, looking up, seen a cloud like to a Centaur, a Part, or a Wolf, or a Bull? ~Aristophanes
Today we have a temporary aberration called "industrial capitalism" which is inadvertently liquidating its two most important sources of capital... the natural world and properly functioning societies. No sensible capitalist would do that. ~Amory Lovins
Why do two colors, put one next to the other, sing? Can one really explain this? No. ~Pablo Picasso
Your body is a temple, but only if you treat it as one. ~Astrid Alauda
I don't think it is so much the actual bath that most cats dislike; I think it's the fact that they have to spend a good part of the day putting their hair back in place. ~Debbie Peterson
A little learning is a dangerous thing, but a lot of ignorance is just as bad. ~Bob Edwards
For most men life is a search for the proper manila envelope in which to get themselves filed. ~Clifton Fadiman
Procrastination is like masturbation. At first it feels good, but in the end you're only screwing yourself. ~Author unknown, possibly from Monty Python?
Avoid fruit and nuts. You are what you eat. ~Jim Davis
I regularly read Internet user groups filled with messages from people trying to solve software incompatibility problems that, in terms of complexity, make the U.S. Tax Code look like Dr. Seuss. ~Dave Barry
The first goal of writing is to have one's words read successfully. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com
Computers must be female. No one but the creator understands their internal logic. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else. The message "Bad command or file name" is about as informative as, "If you don't know why I'm mad at you, then I'm certainly not going to tell you." Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for later retrieval. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it. ~Author Unknown
I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it.... People think pleasing God is all God care about. But any fool living in the world can see it always trying to please us back. ~Alice Walker, The Color Purple, 1982
No comments:
Post a Comment