Monday, May 2, 2011

quotes about independence

quotes about independence





quotes about independence quotes about independence quotes about independence



quotes about independence quotes about independence quotes about independence







One man's folly is another man's wife. ~Helen Rowland



God has entrusted me with myself. ~Epictetus



I know we're meant to be these hard-headed, money-obsessed professionals but we're still little boys at heart. Just ask our wives. ~Rob Lee, 1998



You cannot be both fashionable and first-rate. ~Logan Pearsall Smith



Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories. ~John Wilmot



People are living longer than ever before, a phenomenon undoubtedly made necessary by the 30-year mortgage. ~Doug Larson



A brother is a friend given by Nature. ~Jean Baptiste Legouve



If the nation's economists were laid end to end, they would point in all directions. ~Arthur H. Motley



There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit. ~Al Gallagher, 1971



Our thoughts are unseen hands shaping the people we meet. Whatever we truly think them to be, that's what they'll become for us. ~Richard Cowper



I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance. ~Reuben Blades



Just because you're not uptight doesn't mean you're irresponsible. And vice versa. When will those Conservatives ever learn? ~Carrie Latet



Twin one, twin too! ~Author Unknown



History shows that there is nothing so easy to enslave and nothing so hard to emancipate as ignorance, hence it becomes the double enemy of civilization. By its servility it is the prey of tyranny, and by its credulity it is the foe of enlightenment. ~Lemuel K. Washburn, Is The Bible Worth Reading And Other Essays



Women have served all these centuries as looking-glasses providing the magic and delicious power of reflecting the figure of man as twice its natural size. ~Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own, 1929



Big shots are only little shots who keep shooting. ~Christopher Morley



Firefighting - one of the few professions left that still makes house calls. ~Author Unknown



It is a pity that instead of the Pilgrim Fathers landing on Plymouth Rock, Plymouth Rock had not landed on the Pilgrim Fathers. ~Chauncey Depew, at an 1881 New England Society meeting in New York



I learned law so well, the day I graduated I sued the college, won the case, and got my tuition back. ~Fred Allen



Messengers and mountain bikers share a common chromosome. ~James Bethea

No comments:

Post a Comment