quotes about liars in relationships
A toast once heard: "To my big sister, who never found her second Easter egg until I'd found my first." ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com
I know some sisters who only see each other on Mother's Day and some who will never speak again. But most are like my sister and me... linked by volatile love, best friends who make other best friends ever so slightly less best. ~Patricia Volk
Talking is like playing on the harp; there is as much in laying the hands on the strings to stop their vibration as in twanging them to bring out their music. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes
If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, don't remove it - I might be writing in my dreams. ~Terri Guillemets
Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind. ~Seneca
Diagnosis is not the end, but the beginning of practice. ~Martin H. Fischer
Take care of the minutes, for the hours will take care of themselves. ~Lord Chesterfield
Misery is almost always the result of thinking. ~Joseph Joubert
"I was six when I saw that everything was God, and my hair stood up, and all," Teddy said. "It was on a Sunday, I remember. My sister was a tiny child then, and she was drinking her milk, and all of a sudden I saw that she was God and the milk was God. I mean, all she was doing was pouring God into God, if you know what I mean. ~J.D. Salinger, "Teddy," 1954
The white light streams down to be broken up by those human prisms into all the colors of the rainbow. Take your own color in the pattern and be just that. ~Charles R. Brown
Pay attention to your dreams - God's angels often speak directly to our hearts when we are asleep. ~Quoted in The Angels' Little Instruction Book by Eileen Elias Freeman, 1994
I believe that one of the great problems for us as individuals is the depression and the tension resulting from existence in a world which is increasingly less pleasing to the eye. ~Lady Bird Johnson
Anger is a killing thing: it kills the man who angers, for each rage leaves him less than he had been before - it takes something from him. ~Louis L'Armour
The great citizen, the first-born son of the New World. ~Simon Bolivar
Aborigines, n.: Persons of little worth found cumbering the soil of a newly discovered country. They soon cease to cumber; they fertilize. ~Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
Instinct is untaught ability. ~Bain
In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt. ~Margaret Atwood
Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second. ~William James
To give vent now and then to his feelings, whether of pleasure or discontent, is a great ease to a man's heart. ~Francesco Guicciardini
To live alone one must be a beast or a god, says Aristotle. Leaving out the third case: one must be both - a philosopher. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
No comments:
Post a Comment