Sunday, May 1, 2011

quotes for the day

quotes for the day





quotes for the day quotes for the day quotes for the day



quotes for the day quotes for the day quotes for the day







Politics, it seems to me, for years, or all too long, has been concerned with right or left instead of right or wrong. ~Richard Armour



If any man will draw up his case, and put his name at the foot of the first page, I will give him an immediate reply. Where he compels me to turn over the sheet, he must wait my leisure. ~Lord Sandwich



You are not obliged to put on evening clothes to meet God. ~Austin O'Malley



How tired God must be of guilt and loneliness, for that is all we ever bring to Him. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960



And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. ~I Corinthians 13:2



I have come to the conclusion that politics is too serious a matter to be left to the politicians. ~Charles de Gaulle



A lot of people are willing to give God credit, but so few ever give Him cash. ~Robert E. Harris, Laugh with the Circuit Rider



Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all. ~John F. Kennedy



Consistency is contrary to nature, contrary to life. The only completely consistent people are the dead. ~Aldous Huxley



A habit is something you can do without thinking - which is why most of us have so many of them. ~Frank A. Clark



Mother knows breast. ~Author Unknown



A city that outdistances man's walking powers is a trap for man. ~Arnold Toynbee



Every crime is born of necessity. If you want less crime, you must change the conditions. Poverty makes crime. Want, rags, crusts, misfortune - all these awake the wild beast in man, and finally he takes, and takes contrary to law, and becomes a criminal. And what do you do with him? You punish him. Why not punish a man for having consumption? The time will come when you will see that that is just as logical. What do you do with the criminal? You send him to the penitentiary. Is he made better? Worse. The first thing you do is to try to trample out his manhood, by putting an indignity upon him. You mark him. You put him in stripes. At night you put him in darkness. His feeling for revenge grows. You make a wild beast of him, and he comes out of that place branded in body and soul, and then you won't let him reform if he wants to. ~Robert Ingersoll, A Lay Sermon Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work. ~Robert Orben



There is always a lot to be thankful for, if you take the time to look. For example, I'm sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt. ~Author Unknown



New Year's is a harmless annual institution, of no particular use to anybody save as a scapegoat for promiscuous drunks, and friendly calls and humbug resolutions. ~Mark Twain



What a type of happy family is the family of the sun! with what order, with what harmony, with what blessed peace, do his children the planets move around him, shining with light which they drink in from their parent's in at once upon him and on one another! ~Augustus William Hare and Julius Charles Hare, Guesses at Truth, by Two Brothers, 1827



Adversity is the diamond dust Heaven polishes its jewels with. ~Thomas Carlyle



Even if you've been fishing for three hours and haven't gotten anything except poison ivy and sunburn, you're still better off than the worm. ~Author Unknown



I look to a time when brotherhood needs no publicity; to a time when a brotherhood award would be as ridiculous as an award for getting up each morning. ~Daniel D. Mich



He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once. ~Robert Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment