Monday, May 2, 2011

quotes for desktop wallpaper

quotes for desktop wallpaper





quotes for desktop wallpaper quotes for desktop wallpaper quotes for desktop wallpaper



quotes for desktop wallpaper quotes for desktop wallpaper quotes for desktop wallpaper







It is impossible to imagine the universe run by a wise, just and omnipotent God, but it is quite easy to imagine it run by a board of gods. ~H.L. Mencken



Hope is necessary in every condition. The miseries of poverty, sickness, of captivity, would, without this comfort, be insupportable. ~Samuel Johnson



If I only had a little humility, I would be perfect. ~Ted Turner



Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task. ~Haim G. Ginott



Happiness is the soundtrack of my life. ~Grey Livingston



Tragedy is restful: and the reason is that hope, that foul, deceitful thing, has no part in it. ~Jean Anouilh, Antigone, 1942



A morning-glory at my window satisfies me more than the metaphysics of books. ~Walt Whitman



Peace to the ashes of his sin. ~"The Mission," Chapter 1



Law of the Workshop: Any tool, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner. ~Author Unknown



Time has no divisions to mark its passage, there is never a thunder-storm or blare of trumpets to announce the beginning of a new month or year. Even when a new century begins it is only we mortals who ring bells and fire off pistols. ~Thomas Mann



Surely a man needs a closed place wherein he may strike root and, like the seed, become. But also he needs the great Milky Way above him and the vast sea spaces, though neither stars nor ocean serve his daily needs. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery, The Wisdom of the Sands, translated from French by Stuart Gilbert



I've met a few people in my time who were enthusiastic about hard work. And it was just my luck that all of them happened to be men I was working for at the time. ~Bill Gold



Team means Together Everyone Achieves More! ~Author Unknown



Home is where you can say anything you like cause nobody listens to you anyway. ~Author Unknown



Among all the sights of the docks, the noble truck-horses are not the least striking to a stranger. They are large and powerful brutes, with such sleek and glossy coats, that they look as if brushed and put on by a valet every morning. They march with a slow and stately step, lifting their ponderous hoofs like royal Siam elephants. Thou shalt not lay stripes upon these Roman citizens; for their docility is such, they are guided without rein or lash; they go or come, halt or march on, at a whisper. So grave, dignified, gentlemanly, and courteous did these fine truck-horses look - so full of calm intelligence and sagacity, that often I endeavored to get into conversation with them, as they stood in contemplative attitudes while their loads were preparing. But all I could get from them was the mere recognition of a friendly neigh; though I would stake much upon it that, could I have spoken in their language, I would have derived from them a good deal of valuable information touching the docks, where they passed the whole of their dignified lives. ~Herman Melville, Redburn. His First Voyage, 1849



Death is patiently making my mask as I sleep. Each morning I awake to discover in the corners of my eyes the small tears of his wax. ~Philip Dow



I have always been amazed at the way an ordinary observer lends so much more credence and attaches so much more importance to waking events than to those occurring in dreams.... Man... is above all the plaything of his memory. ~Andre Breton, "Manifesto of Surrealism," 1924



There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works. ~Alan J. Perlis



And then it occurred to me that a computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are, in short, a perfect match. ~Bill Bryson



I'm not a cheerleader. I'm an athletic supporter. ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment