quotes on inflation
All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother. ~Abraham Lincoln
Every woman is wrong until she cries, and then she is right - instantly. ~Sam Slick (Thomas Chandler Haliburton)
Your body is a temple, but only if you treat it as one. ~Astrid Alauda
Time is making fools of us again. ~J.K. Rowling
Cartman: "Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonnaise."
Information should be used as food for thought, not poison to the soul. ~Shellie R. Warren
I love sewing and have plenty of material witnesses. ~Author Unknown
A photograph is usually looked at - seldom looked into. ~Ansel Adams
For age is opportunity no less than youth itself, though in another dress, and as the evening twilight fades away, the sky is filled with stars, invisible by day. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Each year it seems to take less time to fly across the ocean and longer to drive to work. ~Author Unknown
Force is all-conquering, but its victories are short-lived. ~Abraham Lincoln
Some people would have us love, or rather obey God, chiefly because he outbids the devil. ~Augustus William Hare and Julius Charles Hare, Guesses at Truth, by Two Brothers, 1827
History attempts to provide society with an artificial collective memory. ~Mark M. Krug, History and the Social Sciences
It is impossible to speak in such a way that you cannot be misunderstood. ~Karl Popper, Unended Quest
I think war might be God's way of teaching us geography. ~Paul Rodriguez
He who is born a fool is never cured. ~Proverb
The wise man's eyes are in his head; but the fool walketh in darkness: and I myself perceived also that one event happeneth to them all.... For there is no remembrance of the wise more than of the fool for ever; seeing that which now is in the days to come shall all be forgotten. And how dieth the wise man? as the fool. ~Ecclesiastes 2:14, 16
In an early class, one of the students asked me if I believed in God. I replied, 'I don't think so.' And then proceeded to wail on the theme, using material from this column of some weeks ago, in which I observed the perpetuation of insanity on this planet through the mediums of Arabs-vs-Jews, Catholics-vs-Protestants, Southern Baptists-vs-Everyone. I said I felt if 'God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he them,' (Genesis 2:27, King James's italics, not mine) then we were God. And when Man (my capitalization, not King James's) in his most creative, his most loving, his most gentle and most human, then he is most God-like. The student said he would pray for my immortal soul. He also asked for my address, so he could send me some literature on the subject of God. I thanked him politely and told him I'd gotten all the literature I could handle on the subject from a certain Thomas Aquinas. ~Harlan Ellison
Nursing does not diminish the beauty of a woman's breasts; it enhances their charm by making them look lived in and happy. ~Robert A. Heinlein
Men are like a fine wine. They start out like grapes, and it's our job to stomp on them and keep them in the dark until they mature into something you'd like to have dinner with. ~Author Unknown
No comments:
Post a Comment