quotes on love and trust
You live and learn. At any rate, you live. ~Douglas Adams
Long A: No, but here is where I am and am not:
Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. ~Ludwig van Beethoven
They know, they just know where to grow, how to dupe you, and how to camouflage themselves among the perfectly respectable plants, they just know, and therefore, I've concluded weeds must have brains. ~Dianne Benson, Dirt, 1994
Farewell! God knows when we shall meet again. ~William Shakespeare
Tea is instant wisdom - just add water! ~Astrid Alauda
It is impossible to discourage the real writers - they don't give a damn what you say, they're going to write. ~Sinclair Lewis
A kiss is the upper persuasion for a lower invasion. ~Author Unknown
What garlic is to salad, insanity is to art. ~Augustus Saint-Gaudens
The mists remain of the false glory that erupts from history. ~Miguel de Unamuno, En Gredos
Drama, instead of telling us the whole of a man's life, must place him in such a situation, tie such a knot, that when it is untied, the whole man is visible. ~Leo Tolstoy
I can airmail the golf ball, but sometimes I don't put the right address on it. ~Jim Dent
Be neither a conformist or a rebel, for they are really the same thing. Find your own path, and stay on it. ~Paul Vixie
Science is all those things which are confirmed to such a degree that it would be unreasonable to withhold one's provisional consent. ~Stephen Jay Gould
There are whole years for which I hope I'll never be cross-examined, for I could not give an alibi. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960
Politicians are like diapers. They both need changing regularly and for the same reason. ~Author Unknown
It is an interesting question how far men would retain their relative rank if they were divested of their clothes. ~Henry David Thoreau
Whatever the Americans are proud of - whatever they consider to be particularly good, useful, brilliant, or characteristic of themselves or their climate, they designate, half in jest, though scarcely half in earnest, as an "institution." Thus the memory of George Washington... is an institution; the Falls of Niagara are an institution; the Plymouth Rock, on which the Pilgrim Fathers first set foot, is an institution...; "Sweet potatoes" are an institution, and Pumpkin (or Punkin) pie is an institution; ...squash is an institution; Bunker Hill is an institution; and the firemen of New York are a great institution. ~Charles Mackay, Life and Liberty in America, 1850
There is nothing touches our imagination so much as a beautiful woman in a plain dress. ~Joseph Addison
I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education. ~Wilson Mizner
No comments:
Post a Comment