quotes tattoos
The foliage has been losing its freshness through the month of August, and here and there a yellow leaf shows itself like the first gray hair amidst the locks of a beauty who has seen one season too many. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes
I like to do nice things for my grandchildren - like buy them those toys I've always wanted to play with. ~Gene Perret
The difference between the old ballplayer and the new ballplayer is the jersey. The old ballplayer cared about the name on the front. The new ballplayer cares about the name on the back. ~Steve Garvey
Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines. ~Robert Schuller
My cat speaks sign language with her tail. ~Robert A. Stern
All men are created equal, then a few become firemen. ~Author Unknown
The truly fashionable are beyond fashion. ~Cecil Beaton
When you hear someone shout "You da man," if he ain't shouting at Arnold Palmer, then it ain't da man. ~Ron Green, Charlotte Observer
Mediocrity is a hand-rail. ~Charles Louis de Secondat, Baron de Montesquieu, Mes pensees
There is no safety in numbers, or in anything else. ~James Thurber
Reading well is one of the great pleasures that solitude can afford you. ~Harold Bloom
In a real dark night of the soul, it is always three o'clock in the morning, day after day. ~F. Scott Fitzgerald
There is much in the world to make us afraid. There is much more in our faith to make us unafraid. ~Frederick W. Cropp
If a neurotic can't stand the heat, he complains about it until they kick him out of the kitchen. ~Terri Guillemets
Every idea I get I have to deny, that's my way of testing it. ~Alain, Histoire de mes pensees
Nowadays you envy a manic-depressive. Half the time he's happy, the other half he's right. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com
Just, harmonious, temperate as is the spirit of liberty, there is in the name and mere notion of it a vagueness so opposite to the definite clearness of the moral law.... ~Augustus William Hare and Julius Charles Hare, Guesses at Truth, by Two Brothers, 1827
Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume. ~Jean de Boufflers
My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it. ~Koos Brandt
Tobacco and alcohol, delicious fathers of abiding friendships and fertile reveries. ~Luis Bu�uel
No comments:
Post a Comment