Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Happy Birthday Moz

http://trouble.philadelphiaweekly.com/archives/morrissey.jpg

Morrissey, Live at Dublin National Stadium Dublin, Ireland 04.27.91

That's right, it's May 22, a world holiday at Pound for Pound, the day that Stephen Morrissey was born. I've been imploring the UN to recognize this day and give everyone the day off from work, but so far no luck. If we don't honor the greatest singer of all-time from the greatest band of all-time, i'm not really sure what we're doing, but I assume that the terrorists are winning.

I want to thank Moz on this special day for all of the amazing music he's given us over the years. He's made my horrible break-ups manageable, he's validated my bleak worldview, he's provided a soundtrack for my life, writing some of the greatest songs I know. I don't think that one meager post can ever express the love and gratitude I have for the man (and yes, Johnny Marr, Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce).

As an expression of my love and gratitude to you my dear reader, above is a complete live show from Morrissey. It comes from the classic early period, a few years after the demise of The Smiths.

No comments:

Post a Comment