Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Does your friendship have to change because your schedule did?


Throughout life friends will come and go but you will also have those friends that will always be there.  When you were younger in your teens and early 20's you were always together and doing everything together.  As you got older that began to change due to careers, marriage, family, distance, etc.  There are alot of challenges to keeping a great friendship intact especially when you have so much going on.  I have learned in life that no matter what you must make time for a good friend as they will always be there through the thick and thin.

My schedule has changed as I got older due to work, my business, moving, soon to be marriage/family etc.  During this time I try to make it my business to stay in contact with close friends.  Some things I do consist of the below.

  • Sending a text just saying, "Hey, how are you?"
  • Meeting up for lunch during work hours if we work near each other.
  • Meeting up for after work drinks or dinner at least 1-2x a month.
  • Getting together for B-Days and Holidays
These are just some of the steps you can take to keep your friendship intact even when your schedule changes.  Always remember truly good friends come a dime a dozen and those are the friends you don't want to lose.

Stay Fab!

No comments:

Post a Comment