Monday, April 18, 2011

The Hills are Alive

The Hills are Alive

DSC_9155

I´ve never been much of a mountain person. Given the choice, I´d probably choose the beach 10 times out of 10. AC is quite the opposite. He has spent the last three years teaching me how to appreciate the mountain and all that comes with the mounty life. I must admit, there is just something about that crisp air, the sound of melting snow, the amazing food made with fresh local ingredients and of course wintersports that are slowly creeping its way into my heart (remember when I milked a cow last summer? :) We´ve been to the Alps probably 4-5 times in the last year but I cannot help singing the famous title song of "The Sound of Music" every time we pass by this gorgeous scenery.... the hills are alive, with the sound of music, with songs they have sung for a thousand years... It´s not quite like the beach, but works like a charm when I just want to disconnect from the world and recharge my batteries for a new season! Hello April! I´ve been expecting you! :D

 DSC_9178

Follow Gypsy*Diaries

No comments:

Post a Comment