Monday, April 18, 2011

I heart Barcelona

 

bcn11v2

I don't even know where to begin describing the weekend we spent in Barcelona. I've always been in love with the city but now I'm more smitten than ever before. Somehow I always knew that I'll live there one day and I can only hope that that day will come soon. Why Barcelona? It has everything I'm looking for in a hometown: very nice climate (except for this weekend :), international atmosphere, beach, amazing cuisine, closeby mountains, friendly people, beautiful architecture and plenty of cultural programs throughout the year. I have to admit that as soon as we've arrived to our beautiful Hotel Regina I teared up a little. I'm just crazy in love with the city and I was so happy to be there! :) I'm not nearly finished with editing my pictures but here are some of the photos we took on the first day frolicking around in town.
 
I was surprised by the amount of amazing restaurants we've seen over the weekend. Let's not talk about the amount of food we've actually ate :) but all I can say is that I've seen some of the nicest restaurants and eaten some of the tastiest food in Barcelona. The restaurants in Port Olimpic are definitely a must visit if you're in town!
We pretty much spent the first day just walking around and breathing in the smell of sea and blossoming flowers (and as already mentioned, we also ate our weight in paella :))

  Oh what I'd give to live on the beach!!! More pictures coming soon, so stay tuned! 
HAPPY MONDAY luverz!

No comments:

Post a Comment