Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hayden Panettiere Playing Amanda Knox



Hayden Panettiere sat down with the Associated Press to discuss her new role as convicted murderer Amanda Knox in an upcoming Lifetime movie. During the video interview, Hayden said that it was difficult to play Amanda, but that the film was based in fact and reality.

"It’s difficult to play a character when you don’t know what the truth is. You can never have any of those underlying thoughts or emotions." Amanda Knox is incarcerated in Italy, sentenced to 26 years for the murder of 21-year-old Meredith Kercher. Amanda Knox was convicted of slashing Kercher’s throat during what was described as a sex game, fueled by drug use. Hayden Panettiere requested to meet with Amanda Knox but her request was refused. "I wish (I could meet her)." Hayden Panettiere is quoted as saying. "I know the Italian government is being pretty protective of her, her lawyers are being protective of her, which is pretty understandable. It’s something I would like to do, but I’d be more surprised if it happened than if it didn’t." The Amanda Knox Story is scheduled to air on Lifetime sometime in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment