Monday, May 2, 2011

english poems for love

english poems for love





english poems for love english poems for love english poems for love



english poems for love english poems for love english poems for love







Ask me why I keep on loving you when it's clear that you don't feel the same way for me... the problem is that as much as I can't force you to love me, I can't force myself to stop loving you. ~Author Unknown



If you resolve to give up smoking, drinking and loving, you don't actually live longer; it just seems longer. ~Clement Freud, The Observer, 27 December 1964



There is no point at which you can say, "Well, I'm successful now. I might as well take a nap." ~Carrie Fisher



Ideas are like wandering sons. They show up when you least expect them. ~Bern Williams



God, that dumping ground of our dreams. ~Jean Rostand, Carnets d'un Biologiste, 1962



Rarely promise, but, if lawful, constantly perform. ~William Penn



An original writer is not one who imitates nobody, but one whom nobody can imitate. ~Chateaubriand, Le Genie du Christianisme, 1802



Love is like dew that falls on both nettles and lilies. ~Swedish Proverb



That word "lesbian" sounds like a disease. And straight men know because they're sure that they're the cure. ~Denise McCanles



I eat everything that nature voluntarily gives: fruits, vegetables, and the products of plants. But I ask you to spare me what animals are forced to surrender: meat, milk, and cheese. ~Author Unknown (Thanks, Eric)



Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing. ~Walt Kelly



To go beyond is as wrong as to fall short. ~Confucius, Analects To go beyond is as wrong as to fall short. ~Confucius, Analects



The stars, which stand as thick as dewdrops on the fields of heaven. ~Philip James Bailey



We are perverse creatures and never satisfied. ~Nan Fairbrother



It wasn't until quite late in life that I discovered how easy it is to say "I don't know!" ~Somerset Maugham



Man blames fate for other accidents but feels personally responsible for a hole in one. ~Martha Beckman



I sometimes find, and I am sure you know the feeling, that I simply have too many thoughts and memories crammed into my mind.... At these times... I use the Pensieve. One simply siphons the excess thoughts from one's mind, pours them into the basin, and examines them at one's leisure. ~J.K. Rowling, "The Pensieve," Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, 2000, spoken by the character Albus Dumbledore



A pile of rocks ceases to be a rock when somebody contemplates it with the idea of a cathedral in mind. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery



If you are losing your leisure, look out; you may be losing your soul. ~Logan P. Smith



If in the after life there is not music, we will have to import it. ~Domenico Cieri Estrada

No comments:

Post a Comment