Friday, October 8, 2010

Diane von Furstenberg To Launch Beauty And Fragrance Line


Diane von Furstenberg has announced she signed a deal for a beauty line that will include fragrance, skin care and color cosmetics. It's a partnership with  ID Beauty, a company that seems quite established in Europe. The project is headed by Chantal Roos, the former president of YSL BeautĂ©.

Here's some of what Diane von Furstenberg had to say about her beauty vision and philosophy:
“I have always been interested in the intimacy of the relationship between beauty products and women,” ...
“All I want is to make women feel like they can be the women they want to be. That message is so strong that now we have to put it in a bottle, in a tube, in a spray, in a jar and in a color.”

If you've been following the designer on Twitter you know this woman never stops. DVF has the energy to launch not just a beauty line but also a spaceship and still have stamina to play with her grandchildren when she's done. I'm pretty sure she's not going to spend a lot of time in the labs and most of the products will be simply a stylish repackaging of existing ID Beauty items, but I'm still curious to see what she comes up with, especially when it comes to makeup and seasonal color collections.

Info: WWD
Photo: Diane von Furstenberg by Peter Lindbergh for Harper's Bazaar October 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment