amor loco
The mosquito is the state bird of New Jersey. ~Andy Warhol
I am reminded of a colleague who reiterated "all my homosexual patients are quite sick" - to which I finally replied "so are all my heterosexual patients." ~Ernest van den Haag, psychotherapist
I believe in censorship. I made a fortune out of it. ~Mae West
America is the best half-educated country in the world. ~Nicholas Murray Butler
There is a working class - strong and happy - among both rich and poor: there is an idle class - weak, wicked, and miserable - among both rich and poor. ~John Ruskin
No man for any considerable period can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which may be the true. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter, Chapter XX "The Minister in a Maze" No man for any considerable period can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which may be the true. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
If a fellow isn't thankful for what he's got, he isn't likely to be thankful for what he's going to get. ~Frank A. Clark
Carry laughter with you wherever you go. ~Hugh Sidey
Could we change our attitude, we should not only see life differently, but life itself would come to be different. ~Katherine Mansfield
Sports are too much with us. Late and soon, sitting and watching - mostly watching on television - we lay waste our powers of identification and enthusiasm and, in time, attention as more and more closing rallies and crucial putts and late field goals and final playoffs and sudden deaths and world records and world championships unreel themselves ceaselessly before our half-lidded eyes. ~Roger Angell
I will lift up mine eyes unto the pills. Almost everyone takes them, from the humble aspirin to the multi-coloured, king-sized three deckers, which put you to sleep, wake you up, stimulate and soothe you all in one. It is an age of pills. ~Malcolm Muggeridge
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead. ~Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany's, 1958, spoken by the character Holly Golightly
Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit. ~R.E. Shay
Sometimes it's more important to be human, than to have good taste. ~Brecht
Religion often gets credit for curing rascals when old age is the real medicine. ~Austin O'Malley
Zoo: An excellent place to study the habits of human beings. ~Evan Esar
Every parting is a form of death, as every reunion is a type of heaven. ~Tryon Edwards
An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind. ~Mahatma Gandhi
I am more afraid of my own heart than of the pope and all his cardinals. I have within me the great pope, Self. ~Martin Luther
Most institutions demand unqualified faith; but the institution of science makes skepticism a virtue. ~Robert K. Merton, Social Theory, 1957
No comments:
Post a Comment