best friend quotes for guys
Watching football is like watching pornography. There's plenty of action, and I can't take my eyes off it, but when it's over, I wonder why the hell I spent an afternoon doing it. ~Luke Salisbury
When the People contend for their liberty, they seldom get anything for their Victory but new Masters. ~George Savile
History offers some consolation by reminding us that sin has flourished in every age. ~Will and Ariel Durant, Lessons of History
I love you as you are, but do not tell me how that is. ~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943, translated from Spanish by W.S. Merwin
A university is what a college becomes when the faculty loses interest in the students. ~John Ciardi
Do not keep on with a mockery of friendship after the substance is gone - but part, while you can part friends. Bury the carcass of friendship: it is not worth embalming. ~William Hazlitt
We grow gray in our spirit long before we grow gray in our hair. ~Charles Lamb
No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens. ~Abraham Lincoln
The man who is too old to learn was probably always too old to learn. ~Henry S. Haskins
The government deficit is the difference between the amount of money the government spends and the amount it has the nerve to collect. ~Sam Ewing
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. ~Albert Einstein
To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error. ~Liz Armbruster, on www.robertbrault.com
Coward: A man in whom the instinct of self-preservation acts normally. ~Sultana Zoraya
Even though a number of people have tried, no one has yet found a way to drink for a living. ~Jean Kerr
I believe that water is the only drink for a wise man. ~Henry David Thoreau
Quilters never cut corners. ~Author Unknown
The fireworks begin today. Each diploma is a lighted match. Each one of you is a fuse. ~Edward Koch
The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself. ~Richard Burton
I, who cannot stay in my chamber for a single day without acquiring some rust, and when sometimes I have stolen forth for a walk at the eleventh hour of four o'clock in the afternoon, too late to redeem the day, when the shades of night were already beginning to be mingled with the daylight, have felt as if I had committed some sin to be atoned for. ~Henry David Thoreau
Oh, God. The Sixties are coming back. Well I've got a 12-gauge double-barreled duck gun chambered for three-inch Magnum shells. And - speaking strictly for this retired hippie and former pinko beatnik - if the Sixties head my way, they won't get past the porch steps. They will be history. Which, for chrissakes, is what they're supposed to be. ~P.J. O'Rourke
No comments:
Post a Comment