Friday, April 29, 2011

best quotes on myself

best quotes on myself





best quotes on myself best quotes on myself best quotes on myself



best quotes on myself best quotes on myself best quotes on myself







I don't care how much power, brilliance or energy you have, if you don't harness it and focus it on a specific target, and hold it there you're never going to accomplish as much as your ability warrants. ~Zig Ziglar



Anywhere you go liking everyone, everyone will be likeable. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966



He was like a cock who thought the sun had risen to hear him crow. ~George Eliot, Adam Bede, 1859



The writing of histories - as Goethe once noted - is one way of getting rid of the weight of the past.... The writing of history liberates us from history. ~Benedetto Croce, History as the Story of Liberty



Do not teach your children never to be angry; teach them how to be angry. ~Lyman Abbott



All the mistakes I make arise from forsaking my own station and trying to see the object from another person's point of view. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson



Ask your child what he wants for dinner only if he's buying. ~Fran Lebowitz, Social Studies



If you really put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price. ~Author Unknown



To say that these men paid their shillings to watch twenty-two hirelings kick a ball is merely to say that a violin is wood and catgut, that Hamlet is so much paper and ink. ~J.B. Priestley, The Good Companions, 1928



To have some idea what it's like, stand in the outside lane of a motorway, get your mate to drive his car at you at 95 mph and wait until he's 12 yards away, before you decide which way to jump. ~Geoffrey Boycott, 1989, how a cricket batsman feels when facing a fast bowler



I hate weekends because there is no stock market. ~Rene Rivkin



He who gives when he is asked has waited too long. ~Sunshine Magazine



I would go to heaven, but I would take my hell; I would not go alone. ~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943, translated from Spanish by W.S. Merwin



Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts. ~Martin Buxbaum



What a pity human beings can't exchange problems. Everyone knows exactly how to solve the other fellow's. ~Olin Miller



As soon as I realized that I didn't need meat to survive or to be in good health, I began to see how forlorn it all is. If only we had a different mentality about the drama of the cowboy and the range and all the rest of it. It's a very romantic notion, an entrenched part of American culture, but I've seen, for example, pigs waiting to be slaughtered, and their hysteria and panic was something I shall never forget. ~Cloris Leachman



Thou ought to be nice, even to superstition, in keeping thy promises, and therefore equally cautious in making them. ~Thomas Fuller



The present generation, wearied by its chimerical efforts, relapses into complete indolence. Its condition is that of a man who has only fallen asleep towards morning: first of all come great dreams, then a feeling of laziness, and finally a witty or clever excuse for remaining in bed. ~Soren Kierkegaard



The trouble with learning from experience is that you never graduate. ~Doug Larson



Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. ~Bruce Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment