the final riot paramore
It's amazing how grandparents seem so young once you become one. ~Author Unknown
When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe. ~John Muir, My First Summer in the Sierra, 1911
It's such a pleasure to write down splendid words - almost as though one were inventing them. ~Rupert Hart-Davis
I am not a glutton - I am an explorer of food. ~Erma Bombeck
Never go to your high school reunion pregnant or they will think that is all you have done since you graduated. ~Erma Bombeck
The foliage has been losing its freshness through the month of August, and here and there a yellow leaf shows itself like the first gray hair amidst the locks of a beauty who has seen one season too many. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes
Australian Rules football might best be described as a game devised for padded cells, played in the open air. ~Jim Murray
The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling. ~Ambrose Bierce The game of golf would lose a great deal if croquet mallets and billiard cues were allowed on the putting green. ~Ernest Hemingway
If you have a mom, there is nowhere you are likely to go where a prayer has not already been. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com
I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then. ~Bob Seger, "Against the Wind"
Leadership: the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower
That is a good book which is opened with expectation and closed with profit. ~Amos Bronson Alcott
We grow gray in our spirit long before we grow gray in our hair. ~Charles Lamb
The only thing that stops God from sending another flood is that the first one was useless. ~Nicholas Chamfort
I'm not sure... about automobiles.... With all their speed forward they may be a step backward in civilization - that is, in spiritual civilization. It may be that they will not add to the beauty of the world, nor to the life of men's souls. I am not sure. But automobiles have come, and they bring a greater change in our life than most of us suspect. They are here, and almost all outward things are going to be different because of what they bring. They are going to alter war, and they are going to alter peace. I think men's minds are going to be changed in subtle ways because of automobiles; just how, though, I could hardly guess. But you can't have the immense outward changes that they will cause without some inward ones, and it may be that... the spiritual alteration will be bad for us. Perhaps, ten or twenty years from now, if we can see the inward change in men by that time, I shouldn't be able to defend the gasoline engine, but would have to agree... that automobiles 'had no business to be invented.' ~Eugene, from Booth Tarkington's The Magnificent Ambersons, 1918
College is a place to keep warm between high school and an early marriage. ~George Gobel
Children find everything in nothing; men find nothing in everything. ~Giacomo Leopardi, Zibaldone Scelto
He who has nothing to die for has nothing to live for. ~Moroccan Proverb
The average, healthy, well-adjusted adult gets up at seven-thirty in the morning feeling just plain terrible. ~Jean Kerr, Please Don't Eat the Daisies, 1957
Get married, in any case. If you happen to get a good mate, you will be happy; if a bad one, you will become philosophical, which is a fine thing in itself. ~Socrates, in Diogenes Laertius, Lives
No comments:
Post a Comment