friends forever quotes funny
Volunteers do it for free. ~Author Unknown
Solitude shows us what should be; society shows us what we are. ~Robert Cecil
Truth, as any dictionary will tell you, is a property of certain of our ideas. It means their "agreement," as falsity means their disagreement, with "reality." ~William James
A friend is the only person you will let into the house when you are Turning Out Drawers. ~Pam Brown
I have been my own disciple and my own master. And I have been a good disciple but a bad master. ~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943, translated from Spanish by W.S. Merwin
There isn't a single professional sports season now that doesn't go on at least a month too long. Baseball starts in football weather, and football in baseball weather, and basketball overlaps them both. ~James Reston
My body and spirit are the only things that truly belong to me. ~Carrie Latet
A conservative is one who admires radicals centuries after they're dead. ~Leo Rosten
The primary conception of tennis is to get the ball over the net and at the same time to keep it within bounds of the court; failing this, within the borders of the neighborhood. ~Elliot Chaze
The cyclone derives its powers from a calm center. So does a person. ~Norman Vincent Peale
The enthusiastic, to those who are not, are always something of a trial. ~Alban Goodier
To know the hight sic of a mountain, one must climb it. ~Augustus William Hare and Julius Charles Hare, Guesses at Truth, by Two Brothers, 1827
I don't want to own anything until I know I've found the place where me and things belong together. I'm not quite sure where that is just yet. But I know what it's like.... It's like Tiffany's.... Not that I give a hoot about jewelry. Diamonds, yes. But it's tacky to wear diamonds before you're forty... ~Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany's, 1958, spoken by the character Holly Golightly
I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That's deep enough. What do you want - an adorable pancreas? ~Jean Kerr, The Snake Has All the Lines
There is in all animals a sense of duty that man condescends to call instinct. ~Robert Brault, robertbrault.com~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com
To suppose as we all suppose, that we could be rich and not behave as the rich behave, is like supposing that we could drink all day and stay sober. ~Logan Pearsall Smith
Angels deliver Fate to our doorstep - and anywhere else it is needed. ~Jessi Lane Adams
Sometimes I have to stand on my head to see things as they are, when the world seems so upside-down that this is the only position in which anything makes sense. ~Author Unknown
To live with fear and not be afraid is the final test of maturity. ~Edward Weeks
A scholar who loves comfort is not fit to be called a scholar. ~Confucius, Analects
No comments:
Post a Comment