friendship quotes and sayings for girls
I feel like I am diagonally parked in a parallel universe. ~Author Unknown
When I free my body from its clothes, from all their buttons, belts, and laces, it seems to me that my soul takes a deeper, freer breath. ~August Strindberg
It will never be possible by pure reason to arrive at some absolute truth. ~Werner Heisenberg, Physics and Philosophy
I can give you 1040 good reasons why I hate the government. ~The Quote Garden I can live for two months on a good compliment. ~Mark Twain
To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world. ~Author Unknown
The faith that stands on authority is not faith. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Nationalism is a silly cock crowing on his own dunghill. ~Richard Aldington
To cease smoking is the easiest thing I ever did. I ought to know because I've done it a thousand times. ~Mark Twain, attributed
Age is a high price to pay for maturity. ~Tom Stoppard
All that the historians give us are little oases in the desert of time, and we linger fondly in these, forgetting the vast tracks between one and another that were trodden by the weary generations of men. ~John Alfred Spender, The Comments of Bagshot
Whoever called it necking was a poor judge of anatomy. ~Groucho Marx
One thousand Americans stop smoking every day - by dying. ~Author Unknown
The hardest-learned lesson: that people have only their kind of love to give, not our kind. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960
Don't play too much golf. Two rounds a day are plenty. ~Harry Vardon
Education is an ornament in prosperity and a refuge in adversity. ~Aristotle
Love-matches are made by people who are content, for a month of honey, to condemn themselves to a life of vinegar. ~Countess of Blessington
Hair style is the final tip-off whether or not a woman really knows herself. ~Hubert de Givenchy, Vogue, July 1985
To be seventy years young is sometimes far more cheerful and hopeful than to be forty years old. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes (Thanks Janice!)
I'm always amazed to hear of air crash victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is? ~Paul Merton
To live anywhere in the world today and be against equality because of race or color is like living in Alaska and being against snow. ~William Faulkner
No comments:
Post a Comment