friendship quotes for pictures
The Internet is not just one thing, it's a collection of things - of numerous communications networks that all speak the same digital language. ~Jim Clark
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway
What luck for rulers, that men do not think. ~Adolph Hitler
Don't be dismayed by good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again after moments or a lifetime is certain for those who are friends. ~Richard Bach
Every woman is wrong until she cries, and then she is right - instantly. ~Sam Slick (Thomas Chandler Haliburton)
People understand contests. You take a bunch of kids throwing rocks at random and people look askance, but if you go and hold a rock-throwing contest - people understand that. ~Don Murray
I'd play every day if I could. It's cheaper than a shrink and there are no telephones on my golf cart. ~Brent Musburger
We all worry about the population explosion, but we don't worry about it at the right time. ~Arthur Hoppe
Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them. ~Bill Vaughn, quoted in Jon Winokur, The Portable Curmudgeon, 1987
There is no such thing as a list of reasons. There is either one sufficient reason or a list of excuses. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. ~Albert Einstein
The sky, a perfect empty canvas, offers clouds nonetheless. They shift and drift and beg interpretation... such is the nature of art. ~Jeb Dickerson, www.howtomatter.com
Always be a little kinder than necessary. ~James M. Barrie
Science is built up of facts, as a house is built of stones; but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones is a house. ~Henri Poincare, Science and Hypothesis, 1905
Healthy people are invalids who don't know it. ~Jules Romains, Dr. Knock, 1923
History is concerned primarily with human phenomena, not with natural; and history is doubly human because, as an idea, it is man's creation, challenging him to transcend the limits of information about himself and to discover what he is by finding meaning in what he has done. In short, it is man's commentary on man. ~John Barker, The Superhistorians
Inflation is when you pay fifteen dollars for the ten-dollar haircut you used to get for five dollars when you had hair. ~Sam Ewing
There are really only three things to learn in skiing: how to put on your skis, how to slide downhill, and how to walk along the hospital corridor. ~Lord Mancroft, A Chinaman in the Bath, 1974
I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for. ~Georgia O'Keeffe
I will not eat anything that walks, runs, skips, hops or crawls. God knows that I've crawled on occasion, and I'm glad that no one ate me. ~Alex Poulos
No comments:
Post a Comment