friendship quotes funny
I've developed a new philosophy... I only dread one day at a time. ~Charles Schulz
Any man can lose his hat in a fairy-wind. ~Irish Saying
Golf is a good walk spoiled. ~Mark Twain
Every true genius is bound to be naive. ~J.C.F. von Schiller
The Internet is the trailer park for the soul. ~Marilyn Manson
The morning cup of coffee has an exhilaration about it which the cheering influence of the afternoon or evening cup of tea cannot be expected to reproduce. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr., "Over the Teacups," 1891
The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress. ~Joseph Joubert, Pensees, 1842
Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity. ~Horace Mann
Before we can pray, "Lord, Thy Kingdom come," we must be willing to pray, "My Kingdom go." ~Alan Redpath
I can no longer think of anything but you. In spite of myself, my imagination carries me to you. I grasp you, I kiss you, I caress you, a thousand of the most amorous caresses take possession of me. ~Honore de Balzac, letter to Evelina Hanska, June 1836
I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam: I looked into the soul of another boy. ~Woody Allen I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam: I looked into the soul of another boy. ~Woody Allen
It'll be a great day when education gets all the money it wants and the Air Force has to hold a bake sale to buy bombers. ~Author unknown, quoted in You Said a Mouthful edited by Ronald D. Fuchs
If you wait, all that happens is that you get older. ~Larry McMurtry, Some Can Whistle
Courage is the power to let go of the familiar. ~Raymond Lindquist
Research is the name given the crystal formed when the night's worry is added to the day's sweat. ~Martin H. Fischer
In vain we shall penetrate more and more deeply the secrets of the structure of the human body, we shall not dupe nature; we shall die as usual. ~Bernard Le Bovier de Fontanelle
Life itself is the proper binge. ~Julia Child
With an unquiet mind, neither exercise, nor diet, nor physick can be of much use. ~Samuel Johnson
If any man has drunk a little too deeply from the cup of physical pleasure; if he has spent too much time at his desk that should have been spent asleep; if his fine spirits have become temporarily dulled; if he finds the air too damp, the minutes too slow, and the atmosphere too heavy to withstand; if he is obsessed by a fixed idea which bars him from any freedom of thought: if he is any of these poor creatures, we say, let him be given a good pint of amber-flavored chocolate... and marvels will be performed. ~Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
What is the good of being a genius if you cannot use it as an excuse for being unemployed? ~Gerald Barzan
No comments:
Post a Comment