Saturday, April 16, 2011

funny men quotes

funny men quotes





funny men quotes funny men quotes funny men quotes



funny men quotes funny men quotes funny men quotes







Studies by Medical Corps psychiatrists of combat fatigue cases... found that fear of killing, rather than fear of being killed, was the most common cause of battle failure, and that fear of failure ran a strong second. ~S.L.A. Marshall



I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it. ~Jack Handey



The last I heard from my destiny, it wanted me to make a legal U-Turn at my next opportunity. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com



Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy. ~Joseph Campbell



And life and love and peace are all new born. ~Alice Freeman Palmer



O ay, letters - I had letters - I am persecuted with letters - I hate letters - nobody knows how to write letters; and yet one has 'em, one does not know why - they serve one to pin up one's hair. ~William Congreve, The Way of the World, spoken by the character Mrs Millamant



Notice the difference between what happens when a man says to himself, "I have failed three times," and what happens when he says, "I am a failure." ~S.I. Hayakawa



Minor vices lead to major ones, but minor virtues stay put. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966



Women are always beautiful. ~Ville Valo



Faith and doubt both are needed - not as antagonists, but working side by side to take us around the unknown curve. ~Lillian Smith



Fear is the needle that pierces us that it may carry a thread to bind us to heaven. ~James Hastings



Every day we slaughter our finest impulses. That is why we get a heart-ache when we read those lines written by the hand of a master and recognize them as our own, as the tender shoots which we stifled because we lacked the faith to believe in our own powers, our own criterion of truth and beauty. Every man, when he gets quiet, when he becomes desperately honest with himself, is capable of uttering profound truths. We all derive from the same source. There is no mystery about the origin of things. We are all part of creation, all kings, all poets, all musicians; we have only to open up, to discover what is already there. ~Henry Miller, Sexus



Ever felt an angel's breath in the gentle breeze? A teardrop in the falling rain? Hear a whisper amongst the rustle of leaves? Or been kissed by a lone snowflake? Nature is an angel's favorite hiding place. ~Carrie Latet



Chaperons don't enforce morality; they force immorality to be discreet. ~Judith Martin



The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. ~Andy Rooney



I have an almost religious zeal - not for technology per se, but for the Internet which is for me, the nervous system of mother Earth, which I see as a living creature, linking up. ~Dan Millman



Everybody wants to be somebody; nobody wants to grow. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe



Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it is the lightning that does the work. ~Mark Twain



There are so many things that we wish we had done yesterday, so few that we feel like doing today. ~Mignon McLaughlin



Water, air, and cleanliness are the chief articles in my pharmacopoeia. ~Napoleon I

No comments:

Post a Comment