funny quotes about love and life
What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight. ~Joseph Joubert
When a history book contains no lies it is always tedious. ~Anatole France, The Crime of Sylvestre Bonnard
It is often easier to become outraged by injustice half a world away than by oppression and discrimination half a block from home. ~Carl T. Rowan
Christmas gift suggestions: To your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect. ~Oren Arnold
Let the resurrection joy lift us from loneliness and weakness and despair to strength and beauty and happiness. ~Floyd W. Tomkins
Let us be of good cheer, remembering that the misfortunes hardest to bear are those which will never happen. ~James Russel Lowell
When a man retires and time is no longer a matter of urgent importance, his colleagues generally present him with a watch. ~R.C. Sherriff
Picasso would give up cubism just to capture your curves. ~Konfal Blyther
We have failed to grasp the fact that mankind is becoming a single unit, and that for a unit to fight against itself is suicide. ~Havelock Ellis
We turn to God for help when our foundations are shaking, only to learn that it is God who is shaking them. ~Charles C. West
It's not the voting that's democracy; it's the counting. ~Tom Stoppard, Jumpers
You must lose a fly to catch a trout. ~George Herbert
The human understanding is like a false mirror, which, receiving rays irregularly, distorts and discolors the nature of things by mingling its own nature with it. ~Francis Bacon
Every one of us has in him a continent of undiscovered character. Blessed is he who acts the Columbus to his own soul. ~Author Unknown
When I quit working, I lost all sense of identity in about fifteen minutes. ~Paige Rense
It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf, 1974, BQ
The most persistent sound which reverberates through men's history is the beating of war drums. ~Arthur Koestler, Janus: A Summing Up
I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not know what can't be done. ~Henry Ford
No, I think I'll just go down and have some pudding and wait for it all to turn up.... It always does in the end. ~J.K. Rowling, "The Second War Begins," Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, 2003, spoken by the character Luna Lovegood
No comments:
Post a Comment