funny quotes and sayings about friends
Fire takes no holiday. ~Author Unknown
Bound by paperwork, short on hands, sleep, and energy... nurses are rarely short on caring. ~Sharon Hudacek, "A Daybook for Nurses"
If I called her she would pretend not to hear, but would come a few moments later when it could appear that she had thought of doing so first. ~Arthur Weigall
The body is a bundle of careful compromises. ~Randolph Nesse and George Williams, Why We Get Sick
I always thought it was a ridiculous name for a prison. Sing Sing, I mean. Sounds more like an opera house. ~From the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's, 1961, screenplay by George Axelrod, based on the novella by Truman Capote, spoken by the character Holly Golightly
A bagel is a doughnut with the sin removed. ~George Rosenbaum
I appreciate the misunderstanding I have had with Nature over my perennial border. I think it is a flower garden; she thinks it is a meadow lacking grass, and tries to correct the error. ~Sara Stein, My Weeds, 1988
And though I ebb in worth, I'll flow in thanks. ~John Taylor
One almost expects one of the players to peer into the monitor and politely request viewers to refrain from munching so loudly on cheese and crackers while the golfers are trying to reach the greens. ~Pete Alfano
Suburb: a place that isn't city, isn't country, and isn't tolerable. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966
Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark. ~Rabindranath Tagore
As contraries are known by contraries, so is the delight of presence best known by the torments of absence. ~Alcibiades
Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension. ~Author Unknown
The countenance is the portrait of the soul, and the eyes mark its intentions. ~Cicero
For me, in fact, the mark of the historic is the nonchalance with which it picks up an individual and deposits him in a trend, like a house playfully moved by a tornado. ~Mary McCarthy, On the Contrary
If a ferret bites you it is nearly always your own fault. ~Phil Drabble
Crossing over the boundaries we've been taught to live within is a tough business. But I'm getting the idea they're not so formidable. ~Jeb Dickerson, www.howtomatter.com
Alas, by the time Fate caught up with my life, Chance had it all planned. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com
If four or five guys tell you that you're drunk, even though you know you haven't had a thing to drink, the least you can do is to lie down a little while. ~Joseph Schenck
The best way out of a problem is through it. ~Author Unknown
No comments:
Post a Comment