gustavo cerati amor amarillo
I think war might be God's way of teaching us geography. ~Paul Rodriguez
After two days in the hospital, I took a turn for the nurse. ~W.C. Fields
A man can stand a lot as long as he can stand himself. ~Axel Munthe
And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest. ~Psalms 55:6
The first step binds one to the second. ~French Proverb
A child enters your home and for the next twenty years makes so much noise you can hardly stand it. The child departs, leaving the house so silent you think you are going mad. ~John Andrew Holmes
I take it as a prime cause of the present confusion of society that it is too sickly and too doubtful to use pleasure frankly as a test of value. ~Rebecca West
Firemen: your worst day is our everyday. ~Michael Perry, volunteer firefighter from Wisconsin, as quoted in Into the Fire, a documentary presented by Fireman's Fund Insurance Company and directed by Bill Couturie
I have never liked working. To me a job is an invasion of privacy. ~Danny McGoorty
Can we actually "know" the universe? My God, it's hard enough finding your way around in Chinatown. ~Woody Allen, Getting Even, 1971
Nothing there but basketball, a game which won't be fit for people until they set the basket umbilicus-high and return the giraffes to the zoo. ~Ogden Nash
When babies look beyond you and giggle, maybe they're seeing angels. ~Quoted in The Angels' Little Instruction Book by Eileen Elias Freeman, 1994
When we trust the makers of baby formula more than we do our own ability to nourish our babies, we lose a chance to claim an aspect of our power as women. Thinking that baby formula is as good as breast milk is believing that thirty years of technology is superior to three million years of nature's evolution. Countless women have regained trust in their bodies through nursing their children, even if they weren't sure at first that they could do it. It is an act of female power, and I think of it as feminism in its purest form. ~Christine Northrup
Quotes are nothing but inspiration for the uninspired. ~Richard Kemph
Who recalls when folks got along without something if it cost too much? ~Kin Hubbard
If inflation continues to soar, you're going to have to work like a dog just to live like one. ~George Gobel
Thanksgiving is so called because we are all so thankful that it only comes once a year. ~P. J. O'Rourke
We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality. ~Albert Einstein
Silence is as deep as eternity; speech, shallow as time. ~Thomas Carlyle
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart. ~John Wesley
No comments:
Post a Comment