i love you quotes tumblr
All cartoon characters and fables must be exaggeration, caricatures. It is the very nature of fantasy and fable. ~Walt Disney
I'm not saying my golf game went bad, but if I grew tomatoes, they'd come up sliced. ~Attributed to both Miller Barber and Lee Trevino
If love can't cure it, nurses can. ~Author Unknown
All religions issue bibles against him, and say most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. ~Mark Twain, about the Devil
If the pull of the outside world is strong, there is also a pull towards the human. The cat may disappear on its own errands, but sooner or later, it returns once again for a little while, to greet us with its own type of love. ~Lloyd Alexander
I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in. ~John Muir, 1913, in L.M. Wolfe, ed., John Muir, John of the Mountains: The Unpublished Journals of John Muir, 1938
Mathematics is the supreme judge; from its decisions there is no appeal. ~Tobias Dantzig
One must be a god to be able to tell successes from failures without making a mistake. ~Anton Pavlovich Chekhov
Football combines the two worst things about America: it is violence punctuated by committee meetings. ~George F. Will
Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery, Flight to Arras, 1942, translated from French by Lewis Galantiere
Memories are stitched with love. ~Author Unknown
'Tis the good reader that makes the good book; in every book he finds passages which seem confidences or asides hidden from all else and unmistakenly meant for his ear; the profit of books is according to the sensibility of the reader; the profoundest thought or passion sleeps as in a mine, until it is discovered by an equal mind and heart. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson, Society and Solitude, 1870
Ordinarily, a person leaving a courtroom with a conviction behind him would wear a somber face. But I left with a smile. I knew that I was a convicted criminal, but I was proud of my crime. ~Martin Luther King, Jr., March 22, 1956
One man's constant is another man's variable. ~Alan J. Perlis
A hunter of shadows, himself a shade. ~Homer
Don't think of retiring from the world until the world will be sorry that you retire. I hate a fellow whom pride or cowardice or laziness drive into a corner, and who does nothing when he is there but sit and growl. Let him come out as I do, and bark. ~Samuel Johnson
There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact. ~Mark Twain
Man tends to treat all his opinions as principles. ~Herbert Agar
Pessimist: One who, when he has the choice of two evils, chooses both. ~Oscar Wilde
The reverse side also has a reverse side. ~Japanese Proverb
No comments:
Post a Comment