i miss you daddy poems
No entertainment is so cheap as reading, nor any pleasure so lasting. ~Mary Wortley Montagu
When it comes to sports I am not particularly interested. Generally speaking, I look upon them as dangerous and tiring activities performed by people with whom I share nothing except the right to trial by jury. ~Fran Lebowitz
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather - not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car. ~Will Shriner
Good manners: The noise you don't make when you're eating soup. ~Bennett Cerf
Leftovers in their less visible form are called memories. Stored in the refrigerator of the mind and the cupboard of the heart. ~Thomas Fuller
Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen. ~Benjamin Disraeli
If there were to be a universal sound depicting peace, I would surely vote for the purr. ~Barbara L. Diamond If there's a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it. ~Toni Morrison
The happiest thing that can be said about democracy... is that it is one of the few systems that has been willing to risk a long period of confusion and mixed purposes for the sake of giving man a chance to grow up in mind and responsibility. ~H.A. Overstreet
A man of courage never wants weapons. ~Author Unknown
A Mission Statement is a dense slab of words that a large organization produces when it needs to establish that its workers are not just sitting around downloading Internet porn. ~Dave Barry
The word "good" has many meanings. For example, if a man were to shoot his grandmother at a range of five hundred yards, I should call him a good shot, but not necessarily a good man. ~G.K. Chesterton The word "now" is like a bomb through the window, and it ticks. ~Arthur Miller, After the Fall, 1964
The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt. ~Max Lerner, The Unfinished Country, 1950
The years between fifty and seventy are the hardest. You are always being asked to do more, and you are not yet decrepit enough to turn them down. ~T.S. Eliot, quoted in Time, 23 October 1950
I nod to a passing stranger, and the stranger nods back, and two human beings go off, feeling a little less anonymous. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com
Live as long as you may, the first twenty years are the longest half of your life. ~Robert Southey, The Doctor
If there is anything that we wish to change in the child, we should first examine it and see whether it is not something that could better be changed in ourselves. ~C.G. Jung, Integration of the Personality, 1939
There are sufferings that have lost their memory and do not remember why they are suffering. ~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943, translated from Spanish by W.S. Merwin
Love me and the world is mine. ~David Reed
There are two types of people in this world, good and bad. The good sleep better, but the bad seem to enjoy the waking hours much more. ~Woody Allen
Poetry is life distilled. ~Gwendolyn Brooks
No comments:
Post a Comment