Wednesday, April 27, 2011

imagenes de amor romanticas

imagenes de amor romanticas





imagenes de amor romanticas imagenes de amor romanticas imagenes de amor romanticas



imagenes de amor romanticas imagenes de amor romanticas imagenes de amor romanticas







In the morning a man walks with his whole body; in the evening, only with his legs. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson



Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer. ~Ted Williams



I never believed in Santa Claus because I knew no white dude would come into my neighborhood after dark. ~Dick Gregory



If I am not for myself, who will be? ~Pirke Avoth



What is a face, really? Its own photo? Its make-up? Or is it a face as painted by such or such painter? That which is in front? Inside? Behind? And the rest? Doesn't everyone look at himself in his own particular way? Deformations simply do not exist. ~Pablo Picasso



Alexandros of Antioch took a block of marble and chiseled away from it everything that was not his masterpiece, the Venus de Milo. If you will chisel away one fault from your character every day, you may discover -



Your cat may never have to hunt farther than the kitchen counter for its supper nor face a predator more fierce than the vacuum cleaner. ~Barbara L. Diamond



I had some dreams, they were clouds in my coffee. ~Carly Simon



I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones. ~John Cage



Now every field is clothed with grass, and every tree with leaves; now the woods put forth their blossoms, and the year assumes its gay attire. ~Virgil



Freedom is the oxygen of the soul. ~Moshe Dayan



Poetry is nearer to vital truth than history. ~Plato, Ion



Last night, there came a frost, which has done great damage to my garden.... It is sad that Nature will play such tricks on us poor mortals, inviting us with sunny smiles to confide in her, and then, when we are entirely within her power, striking us to the heart. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The American Notebooks



Everything you read in newspapers is absolutely true, except for that rare story of which you happen to have first-hand knowledge. ~Erwin Knoll



Great software, likewise, requires a fanatical devotion to beauty. If you look inside good software, you find that parts no one is ever supposed to see are beautiful too. I'm not claiming I write great software, but I know that when it comes to code I behave in a way that would make me eligible for prescription drugs if I approached everyday life the same way. It drives me crazy to see code that's badly indented, or that uses ugly variable names. ~Paul Graham, "Hackers and Painters," 2003



How can the Church be received as a trustworthy guide in the invisible, which falls into so many errors in the visible? ~John W. Draper



In an incredible perversion of justice, former soldiers who sprayed festeringly poisonous chemicals on Vietnam, and now find today that they themselves have been damaged by them, appeal to the people for sympathy and charity. The effects of the defoliant "Agent Orange" are discussed at length, but not one single newspaper article or hearing that we are aware of has even mentioned the effects of the people who still live in those regions of Vietnam. It's as outlandish as if Nazis who gassed Jews were now to come forward and whine that the poisons they utilized had finally made them sick. The staggering monstrousness goes unlaughed at and even unnoticed, as in a Kafka novel. ~Fred Woodworth, The Match, No. 79



They say President Wilson has blundered. Perhaps he has, but I notice he usually blunders forward. ~Thomas Edison



Democracy becomes a government of bullies tempered by editors. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson, Journals, 1847



History will see advertising "as one of the real evil things of our time. It is stimulating people constantly to want things, want this, want that." ~Malcolm Muggeridge, quoted in Eric Clark, The Want Makers: Inside the World of Advertising, 1988

No comments:

Post a Comment