inspirational quotes on change
Have you ever noticed what golf spells backwards? ~Al Boliska
But they are useless. They can only give you answers. ~Pablo Picasso, about computers
There are few sorrows, however poignant, in which a good income is of no avail. ~Logan Pearsall Smith, "Life and Human Nature," Afterthoughts, 1931
To decide is to walk facing forward with nary a crick in your neck from looking back at the crossroads. ~Betsy Canas Garmon
To have doubted one's own first principles is the mark of a civilized man. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
He that will have a perfect brother must resign himself to remain brotherless. ~Italian Proverb
Anyone can be a millionaire, but to become a billionaire you need an astrologer. ~John Pierpont Morgan
Aborigines, n.: Persons of little worth found cumbering the soil of a newly discovered country. They soon cease to cumber; they fertilize. ~Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
Man has made many machines, complex and cunning, but which of them indeed rivals the workings of his heart? ~Pablo Casals
I wasted time, and now doth time waste me. ~William Shakespeare
When love is not madness, it is not love. ~Pedro Calderon de la Barca
As the print of the seal on the wax is the express image of the seal itself, so Christ is the express image - the perfect representation of God. ~St Ambrose
Wisdom outweighs any wealth. ~Sophocles
Advertisements are now so numerous that they are very negligently perused, and it is therefore become necessary to gain attention by magnificence of promises and by eloquence sometimes sublime and sometimes pathetick. ~Samuel Johnson
There are children playing in the streets who could solve some of my top problems in physics, because they have modes of sensory perception that I lost long ago. ~J. Robert Oppenheimer
When we Indians kill meat, we eat it all up.... When we build houses, we make little holes. When we burn grass for grasshoppers, we don't ruin things. We shake down acorns and pinenuts. We don't chop down the trees. ~Wintu Indian, quoted in Julian Burger, The Gaia Atlas of First Peoples, 1990
Yes we are friends and I do like to pass the day with you in serious and inconsequential chatter. I wouldn't mind washing up beside you, dusting beside you, reading the back half of the paper while you read the front. We are friends and I would miss you, do miss you and think of you very often. I don't want to lose this happy space where I have found someone who is smart and easy and doesn't bother to check her diary when we arrange to meet. ~Jeanette Winterson, Written on the Body, 1992
It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons. ~Johann Schiller
After God created the world, He made man and woman. Then, to keep the whole thing from collapsing, He invented humor. ~Bill Kelly, "Mordillo"
When I found I had crossed that line, I looked at my hands to see if I was the same person. There was such a glory over everything. ~Harriet Tubman, on her first escape from slavery, 1845
No comments:
Post a Comment