l amour fou
Procrastination is like masturbation. At first it feels good, but in the end you're only screwing yourself. ~Author unknown, possibly from Monty Python?
Christianity is not a religion; it's an industry. ~Author Unknown
There is nothing in which the birds differ more from man than the way in which they can build and yet leave a landscape as it was before. ~Robert Lynd, The Blue Lion and Other Essays
These words dropped into my childish mind as if you should accidentally drop a ring into a deep well. I did not think of them much at the time, but there came a day in my life when the ring was fished up out of the well, good as new. ~Harriet Beecher Stowe, Old Town Folks, 1869
From the satisfaction of desire there may arise, accompanying joy and as it were sheltering behind it, something not unlike despair. ~Andre Gide, The Counterfeiters, 1925
What we call "morals" is simply blind obedience to words of command. ~Havelock Ellis
Time is painted with a lock before, and bald behind, signifying thereby that we must take time by the forelock; for, when it is once past, there is no recalling it. ~Jonathan Swift
Life is my college. May I graduate well, and earn some honors! ~Louisa May Alcott
In a dream you are never eighty. ~Anne Sexton
Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets. ~Matthew 12:12
Literature is the question minus the answer. ~Roland Barthes
Sexism is a social disease. ~Author Unknown
I see rejection in my skin, worry in my cancers, bitterness and hate in my aching joints. I failed to take care of my mind, and so my body now goes to hospital. ~Astrid Alauda
There is no monument dedicated to the memory of a committee. ~Lester J. Pourciau
Democracy cannot flourish half rich and half poor, any more than it can flourish half free and half slave. ~Felix G. Rohatyn, New York Times, 3 June 1987
I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. ~Dolly Parton
No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys. ~Doug Horton
God forbid that I should go to any Heaven in which there are no horses. ~R.B. Cunninghame Graham, letter to Theodore Roosevelt, 1917
Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy. ~Howard W. Newton
You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith. ~Mary Manin Morrissey
No comments:
Post a Comment