laksa curry
Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato
My country is the world, and my religion is to do good. ~Thomas Paine
Everything in the world may be endured except continual prosperity. ~Goethe
Experience is the name everyone gives to his mistakes. ~Oscar Wilde, Lady Windemere's Fan, 1896
Silences make the real conversations between friends. Not the saying but the never needing to say is what counts. ~Margaret Lee Runbeck
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead station. ~William Gibson
He has spent all his life in letting down empty buckets into empty wells; and he is frittering away his age in trying to draw them up again. ~Sydney Smith
An argument fatal to the communist theory, is suggested by the fact, that a desire for property is one of the elements of our nature. ~Herbert Spencer
If I had my life to live over, I would perhaps have more actual troubles but I'd have fewer imaginary ones. ~Don Herold
April 1. This is the day upon which we are reminded of what we are on the other three hundred and sixty-four. ~Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson, 1894
What I was really hanging around for, I was trying to feel some kind of a good-by. I mean I've left schools and places I didn't even know I was leaving them. I hate that. I don't care if it's a sad good-by or a bad good-by, but when I leave a place I like to know I'm leaving it. If you don't, you feel even worse. ~J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye, Chapter 1
The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won't. ~Henry Ward Beecher
The number one sign you have nothing to do at work: The 4th Division of Paperclips has overrun the Pushpin Infantry and General White-Out has called for a new skirmish. ~Fred Barling, "Humorscope"
We are all but recent leaves on the same old tree of life and if this life has adapted itself to new functions and conditions, it uses the same old basic principles over and over again. There is no real difference between the grass and the man who mows it. ~Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
Hospitality is making your guests feel at home, even if you wish they were. ~Author Unknown Hospitality is making your guests feel at home, even if you wish they were. ~Author Unknown
All great truths begin as blasphemies. ~George Bernard Shaw, Annajanska, 1919
We shall never be able to effect physical disarmament until we have succeeded in effecting moral disarmament. ~J. Ramsay MacDonald We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if mankind is to survive. ~Albert Einstein
Thanksgiving comes to us out of the prehistoric dimness, universal to all ages and all faiths. At whatever straws we must grasp, there is always a time for gratitude and new beginnings. ~J. Robert Moskin
I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion. ~Henry David Thoreau I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion. ~Henry David Thoreau
Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers
No comments:
Post a Comment