liebe ist fur alle da album art
Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; argument an exchange of ignorance. ~Robert Quillen
During my second year of nursing school our professor gave us a quiz. I breezed through the questions until I read the last one: "What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?" Surely this was a joke. I had seen the cleaning woman several times, but how would I know her name? I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank. Before the class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward our grade. "Absolutely," the professor said. "In your careers, you will meet many people. All are significant. They deserve your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say hello." I've never forgotten that lesson. I also learned her name was Dorothy. ~Joann C. Jones During my second year of nursing school our professor gave us a quiz. I breezed through the questions until I read the last one: "What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?" Surely this was a joke. I had seen the cleaning woman several times, but how would I know her name? I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank. Before the class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward our grade. "Absolutely," the professor said. "In your careers, you will meet many people. All are significant. They deserve your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say hello." I've never forgotten that lesson. I also learned her name was Dorothy. ~Joann C. Jones
Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope... and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring those ripples build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance. ~Robert F. Kennedy
A man gives many question marks, however, a woman is a whole mystery. ~Diana Sturm
Duffers who consistently shank their balls are urged to buy and study Shanks - No Thanks by R.K. Hoffman, or in extreme cases, M.S. Howard's excellent Tennis for Beginners. ~Henry Beard, Golfing, 1985
It is sweet to serve one's country by deeds, and it is not absurd to serve her by words. ~Sallust
We get nose jobs all the time in the NHL, and we don't even have to go to the hospital. ~Brad Park We give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way. ~Author Unknown
Art is a kind of illness. ~Giacomo Puccini
How can one conceive of a one-party system in a country that has over two hundred varieties of cheese? ~Charles de Gaulle, about France
The first assumption of an art critic is that the artist meant to paint something else. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com
No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda
An age is called Dark, not because the light fails to shine, but because people refuse to see it. ~James A. Michener, Space
Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that is how dogs spend their lives. ~Sue Murphy
What I don't like about office Christmas parties is looking for a job the next day. ~Phyllis Diller
I try not to kid myself. You know, I don't mind romancing someone else, but to fool yourself is pretty devastating and dangerous. ~Bill Veeck
Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
For centuries men have kept an appointment with Christmas. Christmas means fellowship, feasting, giving and receiving, a time of good cheer, home. ~W.J. Ronald Tucker
Happiness is not being pained in body or troubled in mind. ~Thomas Jefferson
I'm not old enough to play baseball or football. I'm not eight yet. My mom told me when you start baseball, you aren't going to be able to run that fast because you had an operation. I told Mom I wouldn't need to run that fast. When I play baseball, I'll just hit them out of the park. Then I'll be able to walk. ~Edward J. McGrath, Jr., "An Exceptional View of Life," quoted in Chicken Soup for the Soul by Jack Canfield & Mark Victor Hansen, 1993
Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious. ~Peter Ustinov
No comments:
Post a Comment