Wednesday, April 27, 2011

love poems for guys

love poems for guys





love poems for guys love poems for guys love poems for guys



love poems for guys love poems for guys love poems for guys







When you have worn out your shoes, the strength of the shoe leather has passed into the fiber of your body. I measure your health by the number of shoes and hats and clothes you have worn out. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson



Don't dig your grave with your own knife and fork. ~English Proverb



What I don't like about office Christmas parties is looking for a job the next day. ~Phyllis Diller



I am working for the time when unqualified blacks, browns, and women join the unqualified men in running our government. ~Cissy Farenthold



I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. ~Orson Welles



Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans. ~Allen Saunders, 1957



One ought to recognize that the present political chaos is connected with the decay of language, and that one can probably bring about some improvement by starting at the verbal end. If you simplify your English, you are freed from the worst follies of orthodoxy. You cannot speak any of the necessary dialects, and when you make a stupid remark, its stupidity will be obvious, even to yourself. Political language - and with variations this is true of all political parties, from Conservatives to Anarchists - is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind. One cannot change this all in a moment, but one can at least change one's own habits, and from time to time, one can even, if one jeers loudly enough, send some worn-out and useless phrase - some jackboot, Achilles' heel, hotbed, melting pot, acid test, veritable inferno or other lump of verbal refuse - into the dustbin where it belongs. ~George Orwell, "Politics and the English Language," Shooting an Elephant, 1950



We'd never know how high we are, till we are called to rise; and then, if we are true to plan, our statures touch the sky. ~Emily Dickinson



Although I am almost illiterate mathematically, I grasped very early in life that any one who can count to ten can count upward indefinitely if he is fool enough to do so. ~Robertson Davies, "Of the Conservation of Youth," The Table Talk of Samuel Marchbanks



As to the Seven Deadly Sins, I deplore Pride, Wrath, Lust, Envy and Greed. Gluttony and Sloth I pretty much plan my day around. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com



Good fathers make good sons. ~Author Unknown



You cannot look at a sleeping cat and feel tense. ~Jane Pauley



To be obliged to beg our daily happiness from others bespeaks a more lamentable poverty than that of him who begs his daily bread. ~Charles Caleb Colton



Skipping is inner joy and outer joy. ~Author Unknown



Losers make promises they often break. Winners make commitments they always keep. ~Denis Waitley



Baseball? It's just a game - as simple as a ball and a bat. Yet, as complex as the American spirit it symbolizes. It's a sport, business - and sometimes even religion. ~Ernie Harwell, "The Game for All America," 1955



Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. ~Vince Lombardi



Having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting, it may not be logical but it is often true. ~Star Trek, Mr. Spock



I would I could stand on a busy corner, hat in hand, and beg people to throw me all their wasted hours. ~Bernard Berenson



I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, while the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me. ~Isaac Newton

No comments:

Post a Comment