Wednesday, April 27, 2011

lovely quotes on smile

lovely quotes on smile





lovely quotes on smile lovely quotes on smile lovely quotes on smile



lovely quotes on smile lovely quotes on smile lovely quotes on smile







Diamonds are a girl's best friend and a man's worst enemy. ~Author Unknown



Every leader needs to look back once in a while to make sure he has followers. ~Author Unknown



When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. ~Maurice Maeterlinck, Wisdom and Destiny, 1901, translated by Alfred Sutro



When a man does not know what harbor he is making for, no wind is the right wind. ~Seneca



I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted. ~Author Unknown



Great ideas need landing gear as well as wings. ~C.D. Jackson



During my second year of nursing school our professor gave us a quiz. I breezed through the questions until I read the last one: "What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?" Surely this was a joke. I had seen the cleaning woman several times, but how would I know her name? I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank. Before the class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward our grade. "Absolutely," the professor said. "In your careers, you will meet many people. All are significant. They deserve your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say hello." I've never forgotten that lesson. I also learned her name was Dorothy. ~Joann C. Jones During my second year of nursing school our professor gave us a quiz. I breezed through the questions until I read the last one: "What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?" Surely this was a joke. I had seen the cleaning woman several times, but how would I know her name? I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank. Before the class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward our grade. "Absolutely," the professor said. "In your careers, you will meet many people. All are significant. They deserve your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say hello." I've never forgotten that lesson. I also learned her name was Dorothy. ~Joann C. Jones



As the days grow short, some faces grow long. But not mine. Every autumn, when the wind turns cold and darkness comes early, I am suddenly happy. It's time to start making soup again. ~Leslie Newman



The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. ~Samuel Butler, Notebooks, 1912



O Lord our God, help us tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with their little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it. ~Mark Twain, "The War Prayer"



As I like to say to the people in Montgomery: "The tension in this city is not between white people and Negro people. The tension is, at bottom, between justice and injustice, between the forces of light and the forces of darkness." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.



While there is a lower class I am in it, while there is a criminal element I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free. ~Eugene V. Debs, Cleveland, 1917



You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into. ~Author Unknown



Neurotics are always looking for something new to overdo. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966



The power inside you is energy amplified. ~Claire Todae



A promise is a cloud; fulfillment is rain. ~Arabian Proverb



No one who has seen a baby sinking back satiated from the breast and falling asleep with flushed cheeks and a blissful smile can escape the reflection that this picture persists as a prototype of the expression of sexual satisfaction in later life. ~Sigmund Freud



The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke



Air quotes: the action of using one's fingers to make quotation marks in the air during speech; often used to express some degree of satire, sarcasm, irony, or euphemism.



Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. ~William James

No comments:

Post a Comment