Wednesday, April 27, 2011

photobucket quotes

photobucket quotes





photobucket quotes photobucket quotes photobucket quotes



photobucket quotes photobucket quotes photobucket quotes







Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping. ~Bo Derek



Our environmental problems originate in the hubris of imagining ourselves as the central nervous system or the brain of nature. We're not the brain, we are a cancer on nature. ~Dave Foreman, Harper's, April 1990



I love America more than any other country in this world; and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually. ~James Baldwin



I feel that there is an angel inside me whom I am constantly shocking. ~Jean Cocteau



I don't love baseball. I don't love most of today's players. I don't love the owners. I do love, however, the baseball that is in the heads of baseball fans. I love the dreams of glory of 10-year-olds, the reminiscences of 70-year-olds. The greatest baseball arena is in our heads, what we bring to the games, to the telecasts, to reading newspaper reports. ~Stan Isaacs, "Diamond-Studded Memories," Newsday, 9 April 1990



An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less. ~Nicholas Murray Butler



When I buy cookies I eat just four and throw the rest away. But first I spray them with Raid so I won't dig them out of the garbage later. Be careful, though, because that Raid really doesn't taste that bad. ~Janette Barber



The trouble with talking too fast is you may say something you haven't thought of yet. ~Ann Landers



When those waiters ask me if I want some fresh ground pepper, I ask if they have any aged pepper. ~Andy Rooney



To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly. No exceptions. ~William James



Have yourself a merry little Christmas, make the Yuletide gay. ~Ralph Blane



For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. ~I Timothy 6:10



I mean, what do you do in Las Vegas? You gamble - and you go to strip clubs. ~Scott Caan



Las Vegas - my favorite desert mirage. ~Val Saintsbury



Words are the physicians of a mind diseased. ~Aeschylus



I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages. ~William H. Mauldin



Truth is rarely writ in ink; it lives in nature. ~Martin H. Fischer



We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic cords of memory will swell when again touched as surely they will be by the better angels of our nature. ~Abraham Lincoln



Though this be madness, yet there is method in 't. ~William Shakespeare, Hamlet



Art disturbs, science reassures. ~Georges Braque, Le Jour et la nuit

No comments:

Post a Comment