Thursday, April 28, 2011

poems for sisters

poems for sisters





poems for sisters poems for sisters poems for sisters



poems for sisters poems for sisters poems for sisters







A hug is a great gift - one size fits all, and it's easy to exchange. ~Author Unknown



Men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage - they've experienced pain and bought jewelry. ~Rita Rudner



Why was man created on the last day? So that he can be told, when pride possesses him: God created the gnat before thee. ~The Talmud



Men that look no further than their outsides, think health an appurtenance unto life, and quarrel with their constitutions for being sick; but I that have examined the parts of man, and know upon what tender filaments that fabric hangs, do wonder that we are not always so; and considering the thousand doors that lead to death, do thank my God that we can die but once. ~Thomas Browne



I like my new telephone, my computer works just fine, my calculator is perfect, but Lord, I miss my mind! ~Author Unknown



I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things.... I play with leaves. I skip down the street and run against the wind. I never water my garden without soaking myself. ~Leo F. Buscaglia, Bus 9 to Paradise



Sport strips away personality, letting the white bone of character shine through. Sport gives players an opportunity to know and test themselves. ~Rita Mae Brown



Each religion, by the help of more or less myth which it takes more or less seriously, proposes some method of fortifying the human soul and enabling it to make its peace with its destiny. ~George Santayana



He does not believe who does not live according to his belief. ~Thomas Fuller



Liberty: One of Imagination's most precious possessions. ~Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary



Computers must be male. As soon as you commit to one you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have obtained a better model. In order to get their attention, you have to turn them on. Big power surges knock them out for the rest of the day. ~Author Unknown Computers, huh? I've heard it all boils down to just a bunch of ones and zeroes.... I don't know how that enables me to see naked women, but however it works, God bless you guys. ~From the television show King of Queens (may not be exact wording), spoken by the character Doug Heffernan



Volunteer firemen do it for free! ~Author Unknown



The strength of a man's virtue should not be measured by his special exertions, but by his habitual acts. ~Blaise Pascal, Pensees, 1670



They claim red meat is bad for you. But I never saw a sick-looking tiger. ~Chi Chi Rodriguez



A half doctor near is better than a whole one far away. ~German Proverb



Nothing begins, and nothing ends, that is not paid with moan; for we are born in other's pain, and perish in our own. ~Francis Thompson



Why should we take advice on sex from the pope? If he knows anything about it, he shouldn't! ~George Bernard Shaw



Confidence and hope do more good than physic. ~Galen



An hour of basketball feels like 15 minutes. An hour on a treadmill feels like a weekend in traffic school. ~David Walters



A mind is accustomed to mathematical deduction, when confronted with the faulty foundations of astrology, resists a long, long time, like an obstinate mule, until compelled by beating and curses to put its foot into that dirty puddle. ~Johannes Kepler

No comments:

Post a Comment