Thursday, April 14, 2011

quotes about being happy with life

quotes about being happy with life





quotes about being happy with life quotes about being happy with life quotes about being happy with life



quotes about being happy with life quotes about being happy with life quotes about being happy with life







When truth is divided, errors multiply. ~Eli Siegel, Damned Welcome



Teaching is the only major occupation of man for which we have not yet developed tools that make an average person capable of competence and performance. In teaching we rely on the "naturals," the ones who somehow know how to teach. ~Peter Drucker



Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar for 1894



Luck is the by-product of busting your fanny. ~Don Sutton



He was a terror to any snake that came in his path, whether it was the cold, slimy reptile sliding along the ground or the more dangerous snake that oppresses men through false teachings. And he drove the snakes out of the minds of men, snakes of superstition and brutality and cruelty. ~Arthur Brisbane



Hope is but the dream of those who wake. ~Matthew Prior



Librarian is a service occupation. Gas station attendant of the mind. ~Richard Powers



Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot



The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. One should, for example, be able to see that things are hopeless and yet be determined to make them otherwise. ~F. Scott Fitzgerald



Figures often beguile me, particularly when I have the arranging of them myself; in which case the remark attributed to Disraeli would often apply with justice and force: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." ~Mark Twain, autobiography, 1904 (but, as yet no actual record of this under Disraeli's authorship)



I have diligently numbered the days of pure and genuine happiness which have fallen to my lot: they amount to fourteen. ~Abd-El-Raham



Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories. ~John Wilmot



A cruel story runs on wheels, and every hand oils the wheels as they run. ~Ouida



Science does not know its debt to imagination. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson



If the Aborigine drafted an I.Q. test, all of Western civilization would presumably flunk it. ~Stanley Garn



Why always "not yet"? Do flowers in spring say "not yet"? ~Norman Douglas



Matrimony is a process by which a grocer acquired an account the florist had. ~Francis Rodman



The mere chink of cups and saucers tunes the mind to happy repose. ~George Gissing, The Private Papers of Henry Ryecroft



God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages. ~Jacques Deval, Afin de vivre bel et bien



It is labour indeed that puts the difference on everything. ~John Locke, An Essay Concerning Human Understanding, 1690

No comments:

Post a Comment