Thursday, April 28, 2011

quotes about winter

quotes about winter





quotes about winter quotes about winter quotes about winter



quotes about winter quotes about winter quotes about winter







Egotism, n: Doing the New York Times crossword puzzle with a pen. ~Author Unknown



Men expect too much, do too little. ~Allen Tate



There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky, which through the summer is not heard or seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been! ~Percy Bysshe Shelley



A picture is worth a thousand words; a slide show is both. ~Author Unknown



Women, don't get a tattoo. That butterfly looks great on your breast when you're twenty or thirty, but when you get to seventy, it stretches into a condor. ~Billy Elmer



Once, it was so damned dry, the bushes followed the dogs around. ~Nancy Dedera



Loving is never a waste of time. ~Astrid Alauda



I play in the low 80s. If it's any hotter than that, I won't play. ~Joe E. Lewis



A large, still book is a piece of quietness, succulent and nourishing in a noisy world, which I approach and imbibe with "a sort of greedy enjoyment," as Marcel Proust said of those rooms of his old home whose air was "saturated with the bouquet of silence." ~Holbrook Jackson



I will follow the right side even to the fire, but excluding the fire if I can. ~Michel de Montaigne, translated



Rule number one is, don't sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it's all small stuff. ~Robert Eliot



Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools. ~Napoleon



I wish there was a knob on the TV so you could turn up the intelligence. They got one marked "brightness" but it don't work, does it? ~Leo Anthony Gallagher



Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared. ~Jack Handey



I want to spend the rest of my life with the woman at the end of that table there, but that does not stop me wanting to see several thousand more naked bottoms before I die, because that's what being a bloke is. When man invented fire, he didn't say, "Hey, let's cook." He said, "Great, now we can see naked bottoms in the dark." As soon as Caxton invented the printing press, we were using it to make pictures of, hey, naked bottoms! We have turned the Internet into an enormous international database of naked bottoms. So you see, the story of male achievement through the ages, feeble though it may have been, has been the story of our struggle to get a better look at your bottoms. ~Coupling, "Inferno," original airdate 2 June 2000, written by Steven Moffat, spoken by the character Steve



When you're used to hearing purring and suddenly it's gone, it's hard to silence the blaring sound of sadness. ~Missy Altijd



Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966



The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man. ~Author Unknown



A dessert without cheese is like a beautiful woman with only one eye. ~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin A diet is a plan, generally hopeless, for reducing your weight, which tests your will power but does little for your waistline. ~Herbert B. Prochnow



Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't. ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment