Friday, April 15, 2011

quotes for your crush

quotes for your crush





quotes for your crush quotes for your crush quotes for your crush



quotes for your crush quotes for your crush quotes for your crush







Primitive does not mean stupid. ~Author Unknown



It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to. ~W.C. Fields



You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives. ~Clay P. Bedford



Quit yourselves like men, and fight. ~I Samuel 5:9



The human mind is inspired enough when it comes to inventing horrors; it is when it tries to invent a Heaven that it shows itself cloddish. ~Evelyn Waugh



Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to weave. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960



What a commentary on civilization, when being alone is being suspect; when one has to apologize for it, make excuses, hide the fact that one practices it - like a secret vice. ~Anne Morrow Lindbergh



The future is no place to place your better days. ~Dave Matthews



Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared. ~Edward Vernon Rickenbacker



Foolish the doctor who despises the knowledge acquired by the ancients. ~Hippocrates



Among all the sights of the docks, the noble truck-horses are not the least striking to a stranger. They are large and powerful brutes, with such sleek and glossy coats, that they look as if brushed and put on by a valet every morning. They march with a slow and stately step, lifting their ponderous hoofs like royal Siam elephants. Thou shalt not lay stripes upon these Roman citizens; for their docility is such, they are guided without rein or lash; they go or come, halt or march on, at a whisper. So grave, dignified, gentlemanly, and courteous did these fine truck-horses look - so full of calm intelligence and sagacity, that often I endeavored to get into conversation with them, as they stood in contemplative attitudes while their loads were preparing. But all I could get from them was the mere recognition of a friendly neigh; though I would stake much upon it that, could I have spoken in their language, I would have derived from them a good deal of valuable information touching the docks, where they passed the whole of their dignified lives. ~Herman Melville, Redburn. His First Voyage, 1849



Diplomacy: The business of handling a porcupine without disturbing the quills. ~Author Unknown



People who are sensible about love are incapable of it. ~Douglas Yates



Bromide: informal term for a platitude that is especially dull, tiresome, or annoying; so often repeated it has lost its meaning.



Like snowflakes, my Christmas memories gather and dance - each beautiful, unique and too soon gone. ~Deborah Whipp



Farewell! God knows when we shall meet again. ~William Shakespeare



Personally, I would not give a fig for any man's religion whose horse, cat and dog do not feel its benefits. Life in any form is our perpetual responsibility. ~S. Parkes Cadman



I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. ~Joe Walsh



In physics, you don't have to go around making trouble for yourself - nature does it for you. ~Frank Wilczek



On Easter Day the veil between time and eternity thins to gossamer. ~Douglas Horton

No comments:

Post a Comment