quotes on lohri
Librarians are almost always very helpful and often almost absurdly knowledgeable. Their skills are probably very underestimated and largely underemployed. ~Charles Medawar
Our current obsession with creativity is the result of our continued striving for immortality in an era when most people no longer believe in an afterlife. ~Arianna Stassinopoulos
Happiness is not being pained in body or troubled in mind. ~Thomas Jefferson
Mistakes fail in their mission of helping the person who blames them on the other fellow. ~Henry S. Haskins
America is a passionate idea or it is nothing. America is a human brotherhood or it is chaos. ~Max Lerner, Actions and Passions, 1949
Each memorable verse of a true poet has two or three times the written content. ~Alfred de Musset, Le Poete dechu, 1839
If a man examine carefully his thoughts he will be surprised to find how much he lives in the future. His well-being is always ahead. ~Emerson, Journals, 1827
Excuses are the tools with which persons with no purpose in view build for themselves great monuments of nothing. ~Steven Grayhm
When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President; I'm beginning to believe it. ~Clarence Darrow
Kisses are like tears, the only real ones are the ones you can't hold back. ~Author Unknown
The pug is living proof that God has a sense of humor. ~Margo Kaufman
A little candor never leaves me. It is what protects me. ~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943, translated from Spanish by W.S. Merwin
More history's made by secret handshakes than by battles, bills, and proclamations. ~John Barth, The Sot-Weed Factor
Every vice is only an exaggeration of a necessary and virtuous function. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson, Journals, 1836
I recently had my annual physical examination, which I get once every seven years, and when the nurse weighed me, I was shocked to discover how much stronger the Earth's gravitational pull has become since 1990. ~Dave Barry
Flowers never emit so sweet and strong a fragrance as before a storm. When a storm approaches thee, be as fragrant as a sweet-smelling flower. ~Jean Paul Richter
To ride a horse is to ride the sky. ~Author Unknown
The next best thing to knowing something is knowing where to find it. ~Samuel Johnson
Cats are the ultimate narcissists. You can tell this because of all the time they spend on personal grooming. Dogs aren't like this. A dog's idea of personal grooming is to roll on a dead fish. ~James Gorman
Crossing over the boundaries we've been taught to live within is a tough business. But I'm getting the idea they're not so formidable. ~Jeb Dickerson, www.howtomatter.com
No comments:
Post a Comment