short love poems that rhyme
Face what you think you believe and you will be surprised. ~William Hale White
The waste of money cures itself, for soon there is no more to waste. ~M.W. Harrison
After two days in the hospital, I took a turn for the nurse. ~W.C. Fields
For many are called, but few are chosen. ~Matthew 22:14
History: a collection of epitaphs. ~Elbert Hubbard, The Roycroft Dictionary
A biophysicist talks physics to the biologists and biology to the physicists, but then he meets another biophysicist, they just discuss women. ~Author Unknown
Love: A temporary insanity curable by marriage. ~Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted. ~Ruth E. Renkl
Most people want security in this world, not liberty. ~H.L. Mencken, Minority Report, 1956
I got nothing against no Viet Cong. No Vietnamese ever called me a nigger. ~Muhammad Ali, 1967, refusing to fight in Vietnam
Continuous improvement is not about the things you do well - that's work. Continuous improvement is about removing the things that get in the way of your work. The headaches, the things that slow you down, that�s what continuous improvement is all about. ~Bruce Hamilton
I'll bet what motivated the British to colonize so much of the world is that they were just looking for a decent meal. ~Martha Harrison
So many people spend their health gaining wealth, and then have to spend their wealth to regain their health. ~A.J. Reb Materi, Our Family
The grateful person, being still the most severe exacter of himself, not only confesses, but proclaims, his debts. ~Robert South
Sometimes, in a moral struggle, we discover the right thing to do - just as, on some cold day long ago, we discovered mittens pinned to our coat sleeve. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com
I will not carry a gun.... I'll carry your books, I'll carry a torch, I'll carry a tune, I'll carry on, carry over, carry forward, Cary Grant, cash and carry, carry me back to Old Virginia, I'll even hari-kari if you show me how, but I will not carry a gun! ~Hawkeye, "Officer of the Day," original airdate 24 September 1974, written by Laurence Marks, directed by Hy Averback
The myths about Hades and the gods, though they are pure invention, help to make men virtuous. ~Diodorus Siculus, c. 20 BC
Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means. ~Rudolf C. Binding
Work and play are words used to describe the same thing under differing conditions. ~Mark Twain
You cannot do yoga. Yoga is your natural state. What you can do are yoga exercises, which may reveal to you where you are resisting your natural state. ~Sharon Gannon
No comments:
Post a Comment