smoking weed quotes
Nothing is more memorable than a smell. One scent can be unexpected, momentary and fleeting, yet conjure up a childhood summer beside a lake in the mountains; another, a moonlit beach; a third, a family dinner of pot roast and sweet potatoes during a myrtle-mad August in a Midwestern town. Smells detonate softly in our memory like poignant land mines hidden under the weedy mass of years. Hit a tripwire of smell and memories explode all at once. A complex vision leaps out of the undergrowth. ~Diane Ackerman, A Natural History of the Senses
Passion and prejudice govern the world, only under the name of reason. ~John Wesley
Politics, n: Poly "many" + tics "blood-sucking parasites" ~Larry Hardiman
I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center. ~Kurt Vonnegut, Jr., Player Piano
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it. ~Mark Twain
The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense. ~Thomas Edison
Owning your burdens is half the battle. ~From the television show Scrubs
When I was twelve, I went hunting with my father and we shot a bird. He was laying there and something struck me. Why do we call this fun to kill this creature who was as happy as I was when I woke up this morning. ~Marv Levy
Myths and creeds are heroic struggles to comprehend the truth in the world. ~Ansel Adams
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. ~Will Rogers
If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily. ~Gerald Good
We cannot carry our father's corpse with us everywhere we go. ~Guillaume Apollinaire, The Cubist Painters, 1913
It is with nations as it is with individuals. A book of history is a book of sermons. ~Arthur Conan Doyle, Micah Clarke
An empty belly is the best cook. ~Estonian Proverb
Working safely may get old, but so do those who practice it. ~Author Unknown
Dad, you're someone to look up to no matter how tall I've grown. ~Author Unknown
Silences make the real conversations between friends. Not the saying but the never needing to say is what counts. ~Margaret Lee Runbeck
The sky was clear - remarkably clear - and the twinkling of all the stars seemed to be but throbs of one body, timed by a common pulse. ~Thomas Hardy
If you have a lane, you have a chance. ~Author Unknown
It is astonishing how little one feels alone when one loves. ~John Bulwer
No comments:
Post a Comment