Friday, April 29, 2011

sorry poems for love

sorry poems for love





sorry poems for love sorry poems for love sorry poems for love



sorry poems for love sorry poems for love sorry poems for love







Your son at five is your master, at ten your slave, at fifteen your double, and after that, your friend or your foe, depending on his bringing up. ~Author Unknown



A man's wife has more power over him than the state has. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson, Journals



I never saw a discontented tree. They grip the ground as though they liked it, and though fast rooted they travel about as far as we do. They go wandering forth in all directions with every wind, going and coming like ourselves, traveling with us around the sun two million miles a day, and through space heaven knows how fast and far! ~John Muir



Whoever called snooker "chess with balls" was rude, but right. ~Clive James



The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced. ~Frank Zappa



A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them. ~Victor Hugo



Be careless in your dress if you will, but keep a tidy soul. ~Mark Twain



I think the true gardener is a lover of his flowers, not a critic of them. I think the true gardener is the reverent servant of Nature, not her truculent, wife-beating master. I think the true gardener, the older he grows, should more and more develop a humble, grateful and uncertain spirit. ~Reginald Farrer, In a Yorkshire Garden, 1909



Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth. ~Benjamin Disraeli



Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box. ~Italian Proverb



What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but, scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable. ~Joseph Addison



The best thing about doing needlepoint for very small children is that they are so uncritical. The don't say things like, "I see you've missed some stitches over here on the leg, was that intentional?" or "Was this creature blinded in a fight?" They will clasp it in their little arms and love it besottedly, inseparably as the thing becomes more and more rancid. ~Carole Berman and Jennifer Lazarus



They know, they just know where to grow, how to dupe you, and how to camouflage themselves among the perfectly respectable plants, they just know, and therefore, I've concluded weeds must have brains. ~Dianne Benson, Dirt, 1994



Mathematics is the supreme judge; from its decisions there is no appeal. ~Tobias Dantzig



When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years. ~Mark Twain, "Old Times on the Mississippi" Atlantic Monthly, 1874



The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. ~George Bernard Shaw, The Adventures of the Black Girl in Her Search for God, 1932



The heart is a small thing, but desireth great matters. It is not sufficient for a kite's dinner, yet the whole world is not sufficient for it. ~Francis Quarles, Emblems



Every science begins as philosophy and ends as art. ~Will Durant, The Story of Philosophy, 1926



Intuition is a spiritual faculty and does not explain, but simply points the way. ~Florence Scovel Shinn



Youth disserves; middle age conserves; old age preserves. ~Martin H. Fischer

No comments:

Post a Comment